Mears Connect / Sunshine Flyer / Uber

StoneCutter589

This is our first trip without Magical Express.

Just checking in to see what experiences you’ve had with Mears Connect, Sunshine Flyer, and Uber.

What do you recommend for three adults and one child?

Thanks!

BeanCounterBob

I am interested in the responses on this one. I guess it comes down to experience versus speed. I would prefer to not take a ride share, but it gets us to the hotel a lot faster; in most cases. I would rather have a good experience to kick off the trip, but that also cuts into time on property. The cost I do not care about as it seems to be close on price. Magical Express really was the way to start a Disney vacation.

Upvote 0

BeanCounterBob

One factor that I forgot to mention is the need for a car seat. Do most ride share's have a car seat in them? Bringing one with is not an option. Or is there a loophole that kids are not required to use a car seat in one of those cars?

Upvote 0

DisNerd86

One factor that I forgot to mention is the need for a car seat. Do most ride share's have a car seat in them? Bringing one with is not an option. Or is there a loophole that kids are not required to use a car seat in one of those cars?
We used Mears but did the private car service, which allowed me to request a car seat. We had 4 adults, a 5 year old and an 8 month old. My 5 year old thought it was super cool that the driver was waiting for us with our name on a sign when we got to baggage claim. The ride was quick and direct, the car (which was really a large van) was clean, and I didnt think the cost was outrageous considering what we were looking at paying for the bus service. The driver was waiting for us on arrival and was early to pick us up on departure day. Booking it was super easy online, and they had our airline reservation information so when our flights got delayed I didnt have to do anything to adjust our ride.

I was surprised that they only provided a car seat for my 5 year old and not the baby. I think I didnt ask for it correctly when I booked online, but it caught me off guard. I ended up wearing her in a carrier (which is what I would have done on a bus too) and it was fine. But if you are looking for an infant car seat, I would chat with customer service ahead of time to be sure you get what you need.

Upvote 0

BeanCounterBob

Interesting, I didnt think about the private car service. My daughter would love that sign thing too. She will be 6 when we go, so I am thinking she would be fine with either a booster, or nothing. I guess we will see what happens when we go next year. Who knows, maybe they will bring back Magical Express.....doubtful but one can dream

Upvote 0

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
I used Meers Connect in June and had a great experience. It was only me who used the service. I arrived late at night and walk right onto the bus. I waited about 5 minutes and we were off to the resort. I got there in about 45 minutes since I was the 3rd stop.

For my trip home, I got picked up super early in the morning in a small shuttle instead of a large bus. I got picked up first and made several stops before heading to the airport. I liked how you can track your vehicle's location when they are coming to pick you up. Overall, they were very efficient and I'd used them again.

Sorry but I don't have any info on a car seat. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
FWIW, Sunshine Flyer is currently running a promo where kids (9 and younger) ride free for all reservations made before Sept 5th (you don't need to travel before Sept 5th, just book by Sept 5th). We are traveling July 2023 and just booked with this promo (they confirmed that you can change pick-up as needed after booking without penalty). We're a family of seven (with four kids 9 or under at the time of travel), so it worked out well for us (at least from a cost perspective). Still TBD how the service is... and if you're not traveling with kids, it's really a non-factor...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom