Pool on arrival day?

Disneylover1619

Original Poster
We’re staying at the Poly and likely arriving a few hours before official check in at 3 pm. Does anyone know if they’ll let us use the pool while we wait for our room to be ready, or do we need our key card and thus wouldn’t be able to use the pool yet? Any chance they’ll help us get access to the pool before the actual room is ready?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We’re staying at the Poly and likely arriving a few hours before official check in at 3 pm. Does anyone know if they’ll let us use the pool while we wait for our room to be ready, or do we need our key card and thus wouldn’t be able to use the pool yet? Any chance they’ll help us get access to the pool before the actual room is ready?
Stop at the Front Desk when you arrive and they will activate your key card/MagicBand which will allow you into the pool gates and give you access to all amenities.

I just did this yesterday. 😊 Thanks for the tag, @Figgy1!

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Yes! We did this when we switched from Saratoga to the Boardwalk during 4th of July week. We put our swimsuits on under our clothes, had lunch at Splitsville, then went right over to the Boardwalk, checked in and chilled at the pool until the room was ready.

Club Cooloholic

Looks like you need to have a magic band or one a phone
As @CaptainAmerica said you can use it after check out too, and I believe some have showers( can't recalling doing this at WDW but at Uni Cabana Bay has showers at the pool restrooms)

Disneyfan_76

Having just stayed at the Poly, I can say that this works as well. Just check with the front desk. Though, you may need to have someone let you into the main pool anyway, the keycard reader was not always working well on our trip. It may have been the excessive heat or something else though. Hopefully it is fixed. There are bathrooms to change under the main rockwork at the pool, or you could use the restrooms near the hallway to captain cooks (if your room is not ready).

Disneylover1619

Original Poster
Having just stayed at the Poly, I can say that this works as well. Just check with the front desk. Though, you may need to have someone let you into the main pool anyway, the keycard reader was not always working well on our trip. It may have been the excessive heat or something else though. Hopefully it is fixed. There are bathrooms to change under the main rockwork at the pool, or you could use the restrooms near the hallway to captain cooks (if your room is not ready).
Very helpful to know about those restrooms locations, thank you!

MagicalMaci

In the Parks
Yes
Sounds like a great way to spend a few hours upon arrival! There are usually bathrooms/changing rooms near by and you can hit up the pool bar for snacks and beverages!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom