Last minute discounts?

Daily Magic

Original Poster
Heading off to the world next week (Friday) and I’m still playing around with where to stay. I currently have a room at the Dolphin that I have a few days to cancel free of charge. The Swan has some nice rooms at a better rate I might pick up but I’m also wondering if there’s a chance that a Disney resort may drop the price of the rooms if I’m booking with a week to go. Has anyone seen this before?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
What you may find is that room categories that said they were not available may open up but no they will not just randomly discount a room for a week out.
If you have Disney+ you can currently get a pretty good room rate discount though.

Daily Magic

Original Poster
What you may find is that room categories that said they were not available may open up but no they will not just randomly discount a room for a week out.
If you have Disney+ you can currently get a pretty good room rate discount though.
Thanks for sharing. I noticed that about the yacht club and boardwalk, rooms I had looked for previously are now suddenly available. Funny enough the Disney+ discount only offers rooms that are much more expensive than the price range I’m looking at. They must only have a limited number of rooms that support that discount and the only ones left are the highest tier. I’m better off getting a non discounted regular room.

JIMINYCR

Sometimes a discount will appear but those arent as frequent as we would hope for and usually are based upon the lack of bookings or seasonal to drive more people in. This time of year with the high numbers and Disney having no shortage of bookings youre not going to see it happening.

erstwo

In the ‘ before times’ (most of the 2010’s) my in laws had a snow bird place in Sarasota and the family and I would often head to WDW spur of the moment on the way home from visting them.
We’d call WDW reservations in the car, on the way to Orlando. Prices were always comparable to what we could find online. The deluxes were - as usual - priced (to quote a line from White Christmas) somewhere between ‘ouch’ and ‘booooiiiinnnngg!’ 😊 and everything else also seemed on par with what we’d have paid months in advance.
So we never found any last minute discounts. Things were fully staffed back then so you’d think they’d want to fill the rooms but it turned out they knew what they had and they weren’t going to under sell it?
Now - I will say, it’s a whole new world now and anything might be possible??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom