2026 TRIP CANCELLED!

yensid1967

It's sad, but true! 2026 was going to be my last trip, so I really wanted to go. Things started to unravel when my cousin backed out. Then I decided that I would still go with someone or go alone if I had to! I was content on going alone, it would be different, I wouldn't have to answer to anyone else and didn't have to do things I didn't want to do! Then today, Tuesday, July 19, 2022, I had the final piece of rug pulled from under my feet! My extra money that I was earning each week ($95) was coming to a stop (most likely), so I had to make some decisions and DIsney was the choice...AS OF RIGHT NOW! IF I can figure a way to still go, I will keep you updated! But I'm not sad, not upset...JUST HOPEFUL something will work out!
I will still be around reading and giving my advice, so thanks for listening!

JIMINYCR

Hate to read about any trip cancelled because I know the excitement and hope for what a trip brings and the let down that comes when it goes away. A solo trip is fun to experience and I hope one day you can make it. Time changes things, circumstances change and maybe you can find a way to realize a future trip sooner than later. Keep the dream alive and don’t give up hope.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

2026 is still a long way off. Maybe circumstances will change. Keep your chin up -- I'm glad you'll be sticking around here!

I have no trips planned either at present (we canceled our planned 2022 trip, due to frustration over Genie+/ILL/parkhopping restrictions, etc.), but it's still fun to chat with others about trips past, and gather information for potential future ones.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

I am amazed you can plan anything for 2026! I don’t know what I am doing next Tuesday. I totally do not know what my life will be in 2026. I have in my mind what I (think) will be my life, but it’s just speculation.

You never know what life brings, good or bad.

Who knows, for some yet to be known reason, you could be in WDW this time next year.

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

I feel your pain. I recently canceled my trip for 2171. Was really looking forward to WDW's bicentennial :(
The year 2071.

A delicate “bong” sound tells Jim he’s got mail. Jim heard it and makes his way to the front door through his home while the rest of the family is still asleep. Jim’s home is mostly stark white. Vast open areas, highly polished floors, white vinyl furniture, with harsh square edges.

The inside walls are empty and white and the outer walls, are walls of glass to the outdoors. Outside there is barely a horizon, mostly gray and fog, noting to see as Jim moves to the door. Jim sees Al the postman in the through the door’s video display and opens the door.

Good morning Jim, here’s your mail. Thanks Al. Jim continues their running joke, “So Al when they gonna shut down the postal service?” Al says,” next week maybe”, they both laugh and exchange good bye’s, and Jim closes the door. The hum of the automatic digital dead bold is heard as he walks away.

Jim shuffles through his mail and he finds his Walt Disney World vacation package. A big smile comes over his face. He puts down the rest of the mail and runs to the closest home controller.

He presses a few buttons and all of a sudden the house erupts with the sounds of “When you wish upon a star”. Jim can hear the cheers from his two kids and wife as they run into the living room cheering, “We are going to Disneyworld.”

The family gathers around Jim in sheer excitement. Jim opens the package and out slides the four bionic modules. “Here are our keys to the world”, Jim says.

Starting with his daughter Jane, he delicately places Jane’s module on the magnetic connector on her right temple. Next his Son Billy, next his wife Sue. Jim glances at his antique EPCOT watch, its 8:30 AM. He connects his module to his temple.

The next morning the family wakes in the historic Bay lake Towers resort. The WDW resort had grown to over 2000 resorts if you count the ones on the Moon and Mars, but Jim’s family loves the old fashioned style of the Bay Lake Towers right here in the Republic of Reedy Creek.

They make their way and instantly get on the monorail and it’s off to the Magic kingdom. It’s a beautiful day and they breeze through the gate and are in the park. The park is crowded, but everyone is happy. Peter Pan is a favorite so they go there first and they walk right on the ride and have a good time. They hit TRON, Poo, Small world, Peter Pan, PhilharMagic. They catch the train, no wait, and do and all the mountains, breezing on to the rides.

They are feeling hungry so they decide to have lunch at Cinderella’s Royal table, they jump on the train and it’s back to Main Street. They walk into the castle and are instantly seated.

It’s a great lunch. There are no menus, there are no checks, no money, the family is served instantly and it’s exactly whatever they wanted to have for lunch. All the characters knew the family by name. It was a blast. Happy and full, Jim’s family are happily skipping down Main Street

All of a sudden, everything is black… SYSTEM FAULT. Please contact customer service…

Jim's family wakes on the sofa of their living room. “It happened again Dad”, Billy says. “Yea”, Jim says, “Another system crash thanks to Disney IT”.

The family sadly removes their modules and hand them to Jim. Jim says, “I will send these back and see If I can get some new ones”,. Jim glances at his watch, its 8:35 AM. The family sadly walks away.

Jim now also depressed, slides the modules into the return envelope.

Just then, a delicate “bong”. Al is back. Jim answers the door. “Hi Jim, here, I missed a piece of mail “,Al hands him the mail. Jim hands Al the return envelope. Al recognizes the envelope and says, “Another system crash I take it?” Jim sadly says yes. Al asks Jim jokingly, “when are they going to fix that Disney IT?”.

Jim plays along,” next week maybe”.

Last edited:
Upvote 1

yensid1967

Original Poster
I am amazed you can plan anything for 2026! I don’t know what I am doing next Tuesday. I totally do not know what my life will be in 2026. I have in my mind what I (think) will be my life, but it’s just speculation.

You never know what life brings, good or bad.

Who knows, for some yet to be known reason, you could be in WDW this time next year.
TRUE, but the reason I plan THAT FAR OUT is because I am on Disability and it takes 4+ years to save each month. But I had extra money each month, about $380, that I could depend on. But now the business has sold to a new owner and don't know if they will want to continue my employment as is! Only time will tell, so not convinced that Cancelling is definite!

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
The year 2071.

A delicate “bong” sound tells Jim he’s got mail. Jim heard it and makes his way to the front door through his home while the rest of the family is still asleep. Jim’s home is mostly stark white. Vast open areas, highly polished floors, white vinyl furniture, with harsh square edges.

The inside walls are empty and white and the outer walls, are walls of glass to the outdoors. Outside there is barely a horizon, mostly gray and fog, noting to see as Jim moves to the door. Jim sees Al the postman in the through the door’s video display and opens the door.

Good morning Jim, here’s your mail. Thanks Al. Jim continues their running joke, “So Al when they gonna shut down the postal service?” Al says,” next week maybe”, they both laugh and exchange good bye’s, and Jim closes the door. The hum of the automatic digital dead bold is heard as he walks away.

Jim shuffles through his mail and he finds his Walt Disney World vacation package. A big smile comes over his face. He puts down the rest of the mail and runs to the closest home controller.

He presses a few buttons and all of a sudden the house erupts with the sounds of “When you wish upon a star”. Jim can hear the cheers from his two kids and wife as they run into the living room cheering, “We are going to Disneyworld.”

The family gathers around Jim in sheer excitement. Jim opens the package and out slides the four bionic modules. “Here are our keys to the world”, Jim says.

Starting with his daughter Jane, he delicately places Jane’s module on the magnetic connector on her right temple. Next his Son Billy, next his wife Sue. Jim glances at his antique EPCOT watch, its 8:30 AM. He connects his module to his temple.

The next morning the family wakes in the historic Bay lake Towers resort. The WDW resort had grown to over 2000 resorts if you count the ones on the Moon and Mars, but Jim’s family loves the old fashioned style of the Bay Lake Towers right here in the Republic of Reedy Creek.

They make their way and instantly get on the monorail and it’s off to the Magic kingdom. It’s a beautiful day and they breeze through the gate and are in the park. The park is crowded, but everyone is happy. Peter Pan is a favorite so they go there first and they walk right on the ride and have a good time. They hit TRON, Poo, Small world, Peter Pan, PhilharMagic. They catch the train, no wait, and do and all the mountains, breezing on to the rides.

They are feeling hungry so they decide to have lunch at Cinderella’s Royal table, they jump on the train and it’s back to Main Street. They walk into the castle and are instantly seated.

It’s a great lunch. There are no menus, there are no checks, no money, the family is served instantly and it’s exactly whatever they wanted to have for lunch. All the characters knew the family by name. It was a blast. Happy and full, Jim’s family are happily skipping down Main Street

All of a sudden, everything is black… SYSTEM FAULT. Please contact customer service…

Jim family wakes on the sofa of their living room. “It happened again Dad”, Billy says. “Yea”, Jim says, “Another system crash thanks to Disney IT”.

The family sadly removes their modules and hand them to Jim. Jim says, “I will send these back and see If I can get some new ones”,. Jim glances at his watch, its 8:35 AM. The family sadly walks away.

Just then, a delicate “bong”. Al is back. Jim answers the door. “Hi Jim, here, I missed a piece of mail “,Al hands him the mail. Jim hands Al the return envelope. Al recognizes the envelope and says, “Another system crash I take it?” Jim sadly says yes. Al asks Jim jokingly, “when are they going to fix that Disney IT?”.

I don’t know how I ended up here but this is the greatest thing I’ve ever read. 😂😂😂

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
DON'T COUNT ME OUT JUST YET! Still holding on to a SLIM chance that it will work out!

We need more details. Like what is the direct link between your circumstances in 2022 and a trip in 2026?

Just 8 months ago I was living my normal boring life in South Carolina with no intention of ever going to WDW again. And now I live right next to Disney World and go almost every evening. 8 months ago I had no idea this was going to ever be a thing in my life. Visiting WDW, let alone living next to it, wasn’t even on my radar.

I am truly baffled by your ability to look 4 years into the future and need to know how you do this. 😂

Upvote 0

yensid1967

Original Poster
We need more details. Like what is the direct link between your circumstances in 2022 and a trip in 2026?

Just 8 months ago I was living my normal boring life in South Carolina with no intention of ever going to WDW again. And now I live right next to Disney World and go almost every evening. 8 months ago I had no idea this was going to ever be a thing in my life. Visiting WDW, let alone living next to it, wasn’t even on my radar.

I am truly baffled by your ability to look 4 years into the future and need to know how you do this. 😂
I am a Clairvoyant! LOL

Upvote 0

ppete1975

It's sad, but true! 2026 was going to be my last trip, so I really wanted to go. Things started to unravel when my cousin backed out. Then I decided that I would still go with someone or go alone if I had to! I was content on going alone, it would be different, I wouldn't have to answer to anyone else and didn't have to do things I didn't want to do! Then today, Tuesday, July 19, 2022, I had the final piece of rug pulled from under my feet! My extra money that I was earning each week ($95) was coming to a stop (most likely), so I had to make some decisions and DIsney was the choice...AS OF RIGHT NOW! IF I can figure a way to still go, I will keep you updated! But I'm not sad, not upset...JUST HOPEFUL something will work out!
Let me save your trip

With the amount of time you have, all you need is 10 dollars a week that would give you roughly 2080 dollars... 20 dollars would give you 4160. Now that would be adding no other money or any other help at the end. Im sure in the next 4 years things will change that will allow you to maybe add more if needed.
Look at it this way, a number 3 at mcdonalds costs almost that much. One less mcdonalds meal a week and you can go to disney in 2026

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

Let me save your trip

With the amount of time you have, all you need is 10 dollars a week that would give you roughly 2080 dollars... 20 dollars would give you 4160. Now that would be adding no other money or any other help at the end. Im sure in the next 4 years things will change that will allow you to maybe add more if needed.
Look at it this way, a number 3 at mcdonalds costs almost that much. One less mcdonalds meal a week and you can go to disney in 2026
We would need to factor in inflation plus the normal Disney price increases in the next 4 years, but this is an excellent approach.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

The year 2071.

Jim family wakes on the sofa of their living room. “It happened again Dad”, Billy says. “Yea”, Jim says, “Another system crash thanks to Disney IT”.

Jim's wife is still mad that they rethemed "Splash" and refuses to ride the new one lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ppete1975

We would need to factor in inflation plus the normal Disney price increases in the next 4 years, but this is an excellent approach.
well the dollar amount would be the same... but I agree with your premise so a standard disney trip today multiplied by disney inflation of X10..... yeah this wont be enough money :)

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Ways to save/make money:
1) stop smoking
2) give up alcohol, soft drinks and coffee
3) ride the bus
4) change to a diet of ramen, powdered eggs and tomato soup
5) make tomato soup out of McDonald's ketchup packets
6) you don't need a winter coat
7) squeegee a few cars a day for tips
8) sell a pint of blood a month and a quart of plasma a week
9) hire yourself out as a dog walker
10) get a job at a cosmetics testing firm
11) claim each "lost dog" on your business insurance
12) smuggle contraband into the jail after you're sent to prison for insurance fraud and theft

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom