News More Character Dining to Return at Walt Disney World

Stupido

Would be nice if they bothered to start doing breakfast at Epcot again — I can’t understand why there’s no breakfast at Garden Grill, and Akershus was one of their most popular restaurants.
Akershus was popular because of the princess character dining. Since they can’t even staff enough princesses for CRT, I doubt Akershus will be opening any time soon.

aladdin2007

Akershus was popular because of the princess character dining. Since they can’t even staff enough princesses for CRT, I doubt Akershus will be opening any time soon.
There is also not enough Norwegian staff back at this point either. But at this stage I would hope they would rethink this location. If its going to be character themed why not just add frozen into it instead of the princess chaos, at least it would be somewhat more fitting and could be something in line with the one on the cruise line. The place is a bottleneck when it is open, the pavilion cant handle any more.

Animaniac93-98

None of the princess character meals are back*. Not CRT, Akershus, 1900 Dinner, Bon Voyage breakfast, or even the tea at Grand Floridian.

It looks like staffing for these characters in particular has been difficult.

*EDIT: the Snow White dinner is back. That looks to be the one exception.

mattpeto

Sounds like menu went through changes. Under pre-pandemic standards, this would be the most challenging "comeback item", would be great to see it return.

It was interesting they changed the location from Akershus to Restaurant Marrakesh this season for Florida Blue, as I'm sure Disney wants to open this one pretty bad.

Stupido

That's odd. With all of the dining available in Epcot, I'd imagine they'd prioritize getting CRT fully back to pre-pandemic staffing before opening another princess character meal. Wasn't there talk about this being converted to a Frozen-centric character meal? Maybe that's why it's a bit easier to stay?? Regardless, I'm keeping everything crossed that some visiting princesses join me for breakfast on Saturday.

wdrive

I never understood why this wasn’t changed to a Frozen character dining years ago. Fewer characters = cheaper to run, and certainly a few years ago they could have raised the prices and the thing would have been fully booked.

drizgirl

That's odd. With all of the dining available in Epcot, I'd imagine they'd prioritize getting CRT fully back to pre-pandemic staffing before opening another princess character meal. Wasn't there talk about this being converted to a Frozen-centric character meal? Maybe that's why it's a bit easier to stay?? Regardless, I'm keeping everything crossed that some visiting princesses join me for breakfast on Saturday.
Why? It's selling out every day without it.

mattpeto

Why? It's selling out every day without it.
I think this is the answer. Look at the price increases that Crystal Palace, 'Ohana and Cape May Cafe breakfasts had occur when they added characters. I don't think CRT is any discount right now off the typical fare. I think those characters will return but maybe it's down on the pecking order further than I thought.

The next logical move will be Bon Voyage.

JustAFan

They have no trouble filling tables at CRT. Opening another location that takes the load off of other locations and increases revenue exponentially makes plenty more sense than enhancing an already popular location. That's not only good business, but also the Disney way lately. Do people ride it, watch it, or eat at it? Yes? Then, why fix anything.

Animaniac93-98

I don't think CRT is any discount right now off the typical fare.

It's about $15 less per adult vs pre pandemic I think. Not a huge discount, but I'll take it.

As others have said, they have no trouble filling tables and you can still meet Cinderella in the lobby. I personally don't care if the other characters return to CRT or not. I'd prefer Jaq and Gus or a mix of characters like in the 80s/90s vs more Princesses anyway.

TheMaxRebo

Sounds like menu went through changes. Under pre-pandemic standards, this would be the most challenging "comeback item", would be great to see it return.

It was interesting they changed the location from Akershus to Restaurant Marrakesh this season for Florida Blue, as I'm sure Disney wants to open this one pretty bad.

Is the Bifrost new? I don't recall a drink playing on Thor so much before

Screenshot_20221017-162925.png

aladdin2007

I never understood why this wasn’t changed to a Frozen character dining years ago. Fewer characters = cheaper to run, and certainly a few years ago they could have raised the prices and the thing would have been fully booked.
agree, and along with what was mentioned, it would just be a little bit more fitting for the space and something boys could enjoy too with frozen characters only.
a couple other things need to change with this location no matter what. They need to quit the awful parade of all the kids filing around all the tables, that's just bad when people are trying to eat, not to mention its not the most sanitary thing to do these days. And the photo location right in the middle, they have turned what use to be a pretty nice place into an absolute chaotic mess. The pavilion cant handle the lines outside either with frozen backing up right in front of the akershus entrance. I hope they make some big changes here before bothering to open it.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall reopens November 4th, with reservations opening October 24th.

mattpeto

Akershus menu is indicating that characters are back for dinner only as "Storybook" is specifically mentioned. Should be getting clarification shortly, could be a menu miss or maybe it's the first phase.

Last edited:

asianway

Word is that CRT on the restaurant side is very content only having Cinderella in the lobby. The restaurant is still selling out and they can turn tables faster without guests waiting on the princess rotation.
So don’t expect any rush for the rest of the princesses to return.
Best outcome from Covid closures so far

mattpeto

Word is that CRT on the restaurant side is very content only having Cinderella in the lobby. The restaurant is still selling out and they can turn tables faster without guests waiting on the princess rotation.
So don’t expect any rush for the rest of the princesses to return.
This makes Akershus infinitely more attractive. More princesses, cheaper, etc.

Hopefully the bookings at Akershus impacts the decision making to return more princesses at CRT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom