News More Character Dining to Return at Walt Disney World

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Does anyone know why garden grill has no character breakfast back?
Does anyone know why there is NO dinner available for end of August... my window opened up 2 weeks ago for an 11 day trip & there was NOT 1 dinner slot open... i called dining and was told that the restaurant isnt booked completely but nothing was available... had no clue what she meant by that

castlecake2.0

All right, I understand that, but realistically how long do we have to accept that? Will it get to the point where things just don't return? We have been back to the parks 4 times since WDW reopened in 2020... tomorrow is the second anniversary of reopening post COVID 7/11/2020...Wouldn't you agree this is getting a little out of control? I think so.
With the return of CRPs starting in two weeks and continuing over the next few months there will now be thousands of cast freed up from
World Showcase to send across property, look for operating adjustments to follow. This is a huge process and will take some time.

drizgirl

If their is an issue on casting face characters for CRT they should use fur characters from the film including Suzy, Perla, Jaq, and Gus Gus. Technically they could port over the Fairy Godmother from Tokyo as well given its not a face character there either.

If Akershus reopens I wouldn't be surprised if they turned that into a Frozen character meal. Elsa, Anna, Olaf and Kristoff. They then could use Restaurant Marrakesh as a place where Jasmine has invited all her princess friends to come visit her while she's on visit in Morocco. Boom two popular character meals at Epcot utilizing closed restaurants.
I don't think Disney is looking to add more character meals right now. But I 100% love the idea of bring Suzy and Perla back to CRT. They used to make the rounds dancing around at dinner hosted by the Fairy Godmother.

mikejs78

Premium Member
All right, I understand that, but realistically how long do we have to accept that? Will it get to the point where things just don't return? We have been back to the parks 4 times since WDW reopened in 2020... tomorrow is the second anniversary of reopening post COVID 7/11/2020...Wouldn't you agree this is getting a little out of control? I think so.

Of course there have been staffing issues. But 2 years later there are likely layers of additional reasons. Not the least of which is Disney refusing to operate anything at slightly less than max efficiency and profitability. With som places still closed the other restaurants are pushed to max occupancy every shift.

Sort of like park capacities. If we turn this button down a smidge here, look what happens there!

I don't think it's getting out of control, nor do I think there are layers of additional reasons. CP has just recently started up. And the big reason:

With the return of CRPs starting in two weeks and continuing over the next few months there will now be thousands of cast freed up from
World Showcase to send across property, look for operating adjustments to follow. This is a huge process and will take some time.

I think by end of year that most things will be back to more of a normal. The lack of CRP meant that things were stretched extremely thin, and they just couldn't hire enough additional staff to make up the difference in the loss of the CP (now returned) and CRP. Universal didn't have this problem.

castlecake2.0

I don't think it's getting out of control, nor do I think there are layers of additional reasons. CP has just recently started up. And the big reason:

I think by end of year that most things will be back to more of a normal. The lack of CRP meant that things were stretched extremely thin, and they just couldn't hire enough additional staff to make up the difference in the loss of the CP (now returned) and CRP. Universal didn't have this problem.
Correct, pre pandemic CP/ICP/CRP consisted of over 10,000 cast members, that’s a lot of roles to fill

JustAFan

How's the breakfast compared to Chef Mickeys? I have CM on one of our MK days and never done CP breakfast before.
CP breakfast is my favorite dining spot at WDW. Most of the items offered at any sit down breakfast are similar - bacon, eggs (a bit on the runny side in my opinion, but still good), Mickey waffles, fresh fruit, etc. Each does have something unique or signature. CP has puffed french toast and it's so good. Remember, reservations open Sept. 23. ;)

arich35

CP breakfast is my favorite dining spot at WDW. Most of the items offered at any sit down breakfast are similar - bacon, eggs (a bit on the runny side in my opinion, but still good), Mickey waffles, fresh fruit, etc. Each does have something unique or signature. CP has puffed french toast and it's so good. Remember, reservations open Sept. 23. ;)
What are the odds of getting a weekday reservation 62 days out? lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom