Pre-Trip I am still here!! Disney will happen next year.

I just wanted take the time to say, after so may reports at Disney over the years- we are okay and doing a lot of other trips this year. I am healing great after Covid, the Flu, a stomach bug, and Covid again, after the shots. We went to the beach in May instead which was so wonderful at our house, we rebooked for our late 30th anniversary. It was booked our week. We also have it booked for next May.

Disney may be a Feb trip again, next year. We also did something crazy. We got season passes to Dollywood, and spent a few days at Margaritaville, very nice place to stay. My new Disney Pigeon Forge spot. So nice! Dollywood isn’t Disney, but they have upgraded the bathrooms some since I had been. Nicer than it was. Why no toilet protectors though? That irks me. And to be honest. I love Tennessee Tornado, always amazing but the Lightning Rod, and the Flying Eagle?? Holy Cow!!! I shook like a leaf after them. Not going to Disney this year, it was fun to go and be around so many maskless people. I had my hand sanitizer though! I am still a shot afraid but working my way back to normal. I have gained 8 lbs back, last weigh in but still hard to get over the Covid that still affects my taste and smell.

Anyway, a few pics, then off to read your guys reports!

The beach-
25E58584-6AC2-44B4-84A1-DC632CF21232.jpeg
BD86DC97-F6F7-4EF7-9659-5E8406DF42D1.jpeg
2E5709FF-5E38-4C89-B9CD-43206AC9E0BB.jpeg
4AF03522-33C4-43E7-8690-8732FB84DA60.jpeg
9DF96952-5B10-4EA0-86AE-DD168DC27E8F.jpeg
E3F9ECC7-E796-473D-9EC5-112499159273.jpeg
3642F68E-FAC1-4C1C-98F2-1D44F0C8458C.jpeg
7155E89D-4726-4DF1-949B-865561CEC9F0.jpeg
EDAF97E3-1742-4EE4-B5D0-2472D266B2EB.jpeg

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
First! We love Dollywood!!
It is amazing! I went when it was Silver City! A baby basically! So much has changed, over the years. I wish there was a hub, to maneuver better, but over the years, the rides rock! We haven’t had passes in 6 or more years. We always went to Disney. Lol. The Lightning Rod is Rockin Roller Coaster on Acid, or something. The Eagle too, amazing. I shook like a leaf, the lady was telling me how to unhook, and I could not. We are and hour and half away, I don’t know why we haven’t been in so long. Going back the end of August, and of course for a Winterfest of lights at at Christmas time. I love the lights everywhere then. So pretty!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Happy you're going back to Disney and even happier you are recovering from your ailments!

I would love to go to Dollywood.
If you ever can, visiting your daughter, (Is she in school in SC?, best of my memory?) Go!! It is different but crazy rides. I had forgot how good they are. So glad I caught you before ya’ll get there.

And thank you, I feel normal again, which is amazing. Have fun, at at Disney!!! I am almost half jealous, but we did what we felt like we could this year. I did walk 12 miles a day in Pigeon Forge/Dollywood! I am almost there. :)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I was just thinking about you the other day and hoping you were doing ok, great to hear from you!

So glad you are doing well! Dollywood looks like fun!

So happy to hear you are slowly getting better. And those beach pictures 😍

Nice to see you here again with a report. I went to Dollywood many years ago as a teenager I remember it being fun. I would like to go back someday.

Hi thank all of you guys, it feels good to almost be back to normal again. I will post the rest in the thread that MickeyCB told me about.
Dollywood has really changed a lot over the years. A fun place to go and cheap goldpasses for season passes there. We are going to go quite a bit now, it is so close to us. B doesn’t have to hear me complain about the drive to WDW… 😂

lindawdw

So glad to see you on the Boards again and I'm happy to hear that you're feeling so much better. You really have been through so much health-wise this past year. Glad you enjoyed your beach time and Dollywood Park time! Hope you make it back to Disney next February or sometime in 2023!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom