CBR pirate rooms gone?

Patcheslee

Original Poster
Saw an article that pirate rooms at Caribbean Beach Resort will be gone for 2023. Is Trinidad only the pirate rooms?

castlecake2.0

Saw an article that pirate rooms at Caribbean Beach Resort will be gone for 2023. Is Trinidad only the pirate rooms?
Trinidad North and South had the pirate rooms. While cool, the feedback on the beds were not great and it looks like Disney has decided to remove the offering. This seems to signal that a large scale room refurbishment for the resort (which is desperately needed) is on the horizon. I always thought these rooms would be a good test spot for 21+ only rooms. It is already secluded from the rest of the resort and has its own dining venue. Add a bar and some hot tubs to the pool area and it could be a nice little retreat, similar to the adult only offerings on Disney Cruise Line.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
This seems to signal that a large scale room refurbishment for the resort (which is desperately needed) is on the horizon.
Desperately. We were there about a year ago and we couldn't believe it. The pool was immaculate. The lobby was immaculate. The grounds were immaculate. The rooms were badly in disrepair. Like... curtain rods falling, towel racks coming off of the walls, flip-down 5th sleepers that weren't level. It was bad.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"The Walt Disney World Resort just announced that some of the Guest rooms located in the Trinidad area of Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort will soon receive a brand-new look and feel. These new rooms, which will include subtle nods to fan-favorite characters from under the sea, will accommodate more Guests and feature updated finishings that can't be found anywhere else at the resort.

As part of this refurbishment, the Pirate Rooms will be retired in December 2022 at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort."

Weather_Lady

"The Walt Disney World Resort just announced that some of the Guest rooms located in the Trinidad area of Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort will soon receive a brand-new look and feel. These new rooms, which will include subtle nods to fan-favorite characters from under the sea, will accommodate more Guests and feature updated finishings that can't be found anywhere else at the resort.

As part of this refurbishment, the Pirate Rooms will be retired in December 2022 at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort."

Interesting. The rooms aren't huge: I wonder if they'll be making them larger to accommodate the "more guests," or simply suspending half a dozen old-timey ship cabin hammocks from the ceiling as part of the "updated finishings that can't be found anywhere else."

Seriously though, there's a lot of potential to do something fun and creative (pleasepleaseplease let it actually be plausibly Caribbean though - Treasure Island, POTC, 20,000 Leagues, Sebastian, whatevs, but let's not try to shoehorn in Finding Nemo or Luca or a bunch of Gungans!!!), which doesn't suffer from the downfall of the Pirate Rooms (undersized beds). I just hope that if they're going to increase the sleeping capacity of those rooms, the designers come up with some clever "updated" and unique storage solutions as well: when you add sleeping spaces for additional people by taking away the clothing-and-sundries storage that was needed even for a smaller party, and/or by incorporating sleeping spaces that require other furniture/cushions to be crammed into open areas in order for them to be used, a room can become hopelessly non-functional. (I'm looking at you, Beach Club DVC studios.)
;)

Last edited:

surfsupdon

Was thinking with the planned refurb of this location, maybe we will see a new exterior color scheme as well. Trinidad and Barbados should be different!

I know that when Aruba, Jamaica, and Martinique got their new landscaping package after the Skyliner opened, the exteriors of all three islands were repainted. As far as I know, there are still two islands left to repaint. Maybe we will see a change to distinguish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom