Guests will be asked at checkout if they would like to use the Disney Visa gift card at Walt Disney World

davis_unoxx

Original Poster
According to people on the ground, Disney is now trying to upsell their Disney Visa gift card at checkout. Cause yes you want to feel like you do at a CVS checkout while on vacation.

JMcMahonEsq

This doesn't seem like a change. I remember being asked this as far back as 2016, as if you pay with a Disney credit card for merchandise or meals you get a discount on your purchase that the cashier has to input into the system. So the person checking you out needs to know if you are paying with a Disney Card in order to give you the discount.

Last edited:

mightynine

I'm pretty sure I've been asked that in the past, though it seems usage dropped off a bit in recent years.

There's a key difference here - are they just asking if you're using your Disney VISA (a sensible question in a theme park shop, if you're visiting Disney and you're not credit-card adverse, the no-annual fee card should be in your wallet if for nothing else the small discount it provides), or asking if you want to apply for a Disney VISA when the person says no?

Patcheslee

I'm getting a little confused here, I know Disney Visa credit & debit cards provide discounts. But what does that have to do with the Disney gift card? I've never had a discount applied when using the gift cards.

lazyboy97o

I'm getting a little confused here, I know Disney Visa credit & debit cards provide discounts. But what does that have to do with the Disney gift card? I've never had a discount applied when using the gift cards.
There is also the Disney Rewards Redemption Card that works sort of like a gift card and is no recognized automatically by most of the payment terminals.

Animaniac93-98

That’s how it was when I worked at the Disney Store in Times Square. Every transaction ended with a “will you be paying with your Disney visa today?”

I've always been asked this at WDW, or over the phone, as I believe it's part of the standard script for selling things, although I have to remind the CM that it's not available outside the USA.

Kingoglow

I don't find much value in my Disney Visa Card. Since it is a part of Chase, I would rather the spend get me Chase Ultimate Rewards (at least 2:$1) than Disney bucks. I am sure some families find value in 6-month interest free vacations but I am not one of them. The card continues to disappoint against most other Chase card offerings.

Patcheslee

I don't find much value in my Disney Visa Card. Since it is a part of Chase, I would rather the spend get me Chase Ultimate Rewards (at least 2:$1) than Disney bucks. I am sure some families find value in 6-month interest free vacations but I am not one of them. The card continues to disappoint against most other Chase card offerings.
I mainly use it for the Visa photo spots lol

Ayla

They will be asking about a Disney Visa, not a gift card.

Chip Chipperson

The 10% discount at Shop Disney is nice. Other cards generally have better rewards for everyday purchases, though. There also used to be a cardholder lounge in the American pavilion in Epcot, but that closed a few years ago. It might be the Epcot Club 33 location now, but I'm not 100% certain of that.

DisneyDreamer08

I mainly use it for the Visa photo spots lol

I literally only use it for Disney vacations because in the past, there were certain room/ package offers that could be booked if you were a Disney Visa cardholder. I actually have a Southwest Visa card that I use on a more regular basis to get points to go towards flights.

mysto

I really hate that some analyst is making all these hundreds of people recite a soul crushing "do you have?" script all day every day. I shed a tear every time at CVS, at the grocer, etc.. It is a depressing orwellian manifestation of economic class that I can't un-see.

For the most part I do not have a "rewards card" for this reason, and because they track me, and because the discounts are puny. There are two exceptions when the discounts are large enough for me to play along, and even in those cases I don't need them to force the poor workers to ask about it.

I feel the same when they ask "is coke OK?". I ordered a cola, any cola, but someone always makes sure to force the server to ask about the brand.

Chip Chipperson

I really hate that some analyst is making all these hundreds of people recite a soul crushing "do you have?" script all day every day. I shed a tear every time at CVS, at the grocer, etc.. It is a depressing orwellian manifestation of economic class that I can't un-see.

For the most part I do not have a "rewards card" for this reason, and because they track me, and because the discounts are puny. There are two exceptions when the discounts are large enough for me to play along, and even in those cases I don't need them to force the poor workers to ask about it.

I feel the same when they ask "is coke OK?". I ordered a cola, any cola, but someone always makes sure to force the server to ask about the brand.

Part of the reason they may need to ask at Disney is because of the discount available when using the card. If you've ever used self-checkout at Lowe's, you see separate options on the screen for paying with a credit card or a Lowe's credit card because the Lowe's card gets you 5% off. The payment system at WDW may have a similar setup and no CM wants to get yelled at because a customer didn't get their 10% discount on the pile of merchandise they bought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom