Tinker Bell

Babin

Original Poster
Just came back from Disney with my grandchildren and they were so disappointed that Tinker Bell didn’t fly out the castle. Does anyone know why?

jloucks

Just came back from Disney with my grandchildren and they were so disappointed that Tinker Bell didn’t fly out the castle. Does anyone know why?
FWIW we didn't see her in March either. I just assumed they stopped shooting the poor girl down the wire. :p

kalel8145

Tink won’t fly during inclement weather, high winds or if there is lightning on the radar.

It is also possible you missed her. Her flight happens quickly and is not always obvious to those watching the show.
I was watching on YouTube and missed her twice. I mentioned to my wife they must have stopped that and she rewinded and was like right there blind man.

JIMINYCR

I'll do it for that. How much weight does harness hold? 🤔🤔
Theres multiple sites that post Tinks requirements. They are fairly similar but with some variable stats. The space in the castle where Tink and friends set up to take off is very limited. One site says Tinks height has to be between 4'11" - 5'2" with the weight between 95 - 115 lbs for the ability to enable zipping down the line. The gear Tink uses weighs about 15 lbs. Someone once posted photos of the space Tink takes off from, but I cant find it , but its very tight.

kalel8145

Theres multiple sites that post Tinks requirements. They are fairly similar but with some variable stats. The space in the castle where Tink and friends set up to take off is very limited. One site says Tinks height has to be between 4'11" - 5'2" with the weight between 95 - 115 lbs for the ability to enable zipping down the line. The gear Tink uses weighs about 15 lbs. Someone once posted photos of the space Tink takes off from, but I cant find it , but its very tight.
Guess I'm out then. Interesting info though. Thanks.

JoeCamel

FWIW we didn't see her in March either. I just assumed they stopped shooting the poor girl down the wire. :p
Girl? - maybe
The performer has to be light as the "catch" at the end of the wire is pretty dramatic.

Pepper's Ghost

Wow. These requirements make me look like King Kong climbing the castle. I'd be two Tinks fraying the heck out of the zip line. I couldn't even imagine the "catch" with me coming down the zip, and feel sorry for that individual. 🤣

mergatroid

Some pictures

86200148-jpg.541433

1653089837047.jpeg

1653089880577.jpeg

1653089930181.jpeg

1653089993887.jpeg

1653090077889.jpeg

Patcheslee

So my 13yo could be Tink when she's older and quit asking me to take her zipping again lol. I hate heights

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
So my 13yo could be Tink when she's older and quit asking me to take her zipping again lol. I hate heights
Maybe. I’ve learned from these boards that your 13yo would have to be 4’10-5’ ish and weigh between 100 and 105 pounds and be pretty athletic to pass the auditions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom