News Harmony Barber Shop to reopen in July

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"A mainstay of Magic Kingdom Park since opening day, Harmony Barber Shop is opening its doors once again on July 31 for the world’s most magical haircut. Considered by many to be a rite-of-passage, the cherished “My First Haircut” experience is making its return as stylists eagerly await to shower their young friends with magic and extra special pixie dust for the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebration to commemorate this special milestone. In fact, guests of all ages are welcome to take a break from the hustle and bustle and let our friendly stylists polish you up for a day at the park.

To ensure service is a cut above the rest, a limited number of reservations for this timeless experience will be bookable in the My Disney Experience app beginning June 28. For those who wish to look sharp at the park, walk-in appointments will be accepted based on availability."

Also a note on Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique -

"And for inquiring (and eager!) minds, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique will also begin reopening its doors for royal transformations later this year at both Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort."

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
So happy to see this! It's part of the variety that makes WDW so cool. An actual functioning barber shop tucked away on Main Street. Appointments were often as easy as popping in and being told to return 30-40 minutes. Bonus when you catch the parade coming or going into the gate there.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Raise your hand if you've ever had a haircut inside a Disney park.*

1653052877286.png

* Does not include spas or parlors in the hotels. Just the parks...

Gillyanne

Raise your hand if you've ever had a haircut inside a Disney park.*

View attachment 639766

* Does not include spas or parlors in the hotels. Just the parks...

I haven't yet, but we did my Niece's first haircut there. I'd like to go sometime myself. Maybe one of our "off" days of a trip and just book an MK for myself and try to get a walk in (since booking the extra day may be last minute). Not sure what pricing will be now, but I remember from the "before times" the women's cut wasn't much/any more than what I pay at a strip mall store front.

1653076878949.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom