News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 39 Stats (7/4):
7am: 13.5 secs
1pm: 2743.2 secs, or ~46 mins
6pm: 4.8 secs

BG 195 is the last BG called during regular park hours at 8pm. This is 1 less than yesterday.

For EEH, callings resumed at 8:35pm with BG's 197-203.
BG 231 is the last BG called for the day at 10pm.

The average pace was 3-4mins/BG for entire day.

Notable 15+ min stoppages today:
12:40 - 1:38 pm
6:31 - 6:54 pm

That does it for Day 39 of GotG: CR!
scatter_plot-40.png

TheMaxRebo

Final Day 39 Stats (7/4):
7am: 13.5 secs
1pm: 2743.2 secs, or ~46 mins
6pm: 4.8 secs

BG 195 is the last BG called during regular park hours at 8pm. This is 1 less than yesterday.

For EEH, callings resumed at 8:35pm with BG's 197-203.
BG 231 is the last BG called for the day at 10pm.

12:40 - 1:38 pm
6:31 - 6:54 pm

That does it for Day 39 of GotG: CR!
View attachment 651073

At least the 1pm last for a bit, first time this long on a Monday I believe. 6pm still gone soon fast though

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 40 Stats (7/5):
7am: 194.7 secs, or ~3 mins
1pm: 4891.2 secs, or ~1 hour 22 mins

BG 169 is the last BG called for the day. This is 26 less than yesterday.

9:32 - 9:56 am
11:05 - 11:57 am
2:28 - 2:44 pm

That does it for Day 40 of GotG: CR!
scatter_plot-29.png

ppete1975

Im curious, and if you dont know off the top of your head thats fine.
How is the boarding group "sell out" compared to ROTR when it was about the same age
How is the reliability in relation to ROTR

From what I have seen it looks like the BGs are lasting longer and reliability is much better.

ppete1975

It may have been discussed already, but why are the boarding groups open for so long at 1. Are people leaving epcot for park hop so dont want a pass for later? Can you only get 1 per day and enough people are riding early that they cant get a second one?

SplashJacket

It may have been discussed already, but why are the boarding groups open for so long at 1. Are people leaving epcot for park hop so dont want a pass for later? Can you only get 1 per day and enough people are riding early that they cant get a second one?

Factors that can explain better availability for Guardians than Rise
  • More supply
    • Higher overall capacity
    • Higher reliability
  • More demand for Rise
    • Rise opened in December 2019, a peak travel time, so people saw the craziness and felt compelled to see what it was about
    • Rise opened months after Galaxy's Edge, effectively acting as a hype train
    • Rise has more "Instagramable moments" whereas Guardians lacks the "Wow" moments that draws attention to Rise. I've heard many reviews saying the best part is the feeling of the ride. That doesn't translate to a social media world.
  • Greater barriers to riding
    • Warnings of motion sickness. On my trip in a couple of weeks, my dad opted out of riding due to motion-sickness fears.
    • Rollercoaster (HUGE) in January 2020, I got my 78 year-old-grandma to wake up at the crack of dawn to ride rise. She loved it so much that she did it on a subsequent day. In my current party, only two of us will ride Guardians. For Rise, our whole party of 9 rode it, even though half of it consisted of people who would never ride a rollercoaster
    • Higher height requirement
    • Lower total number of Annual Passholders (greatly affects Epcot). Passholders master the system and ride dozens of times in a short period
  • In the age of Park Pass Reservations, it's harder to book a trip as soon as you want. With the current demand for the parks, getting a reservation isn't as simple as seeing a cool ride, booking tickets, and enjoying. You have to book farther in advance.
Guardians is likely to attract a group of travelers unlikely to go to Epcot. The people who don't do coasters, but do theme parks, are likely the people going to Epcot regardless.

TrainsOfDisney

I mentioned this in the technology thread - if guests are not able to ride this attraction unless they win a lottery and are required to own a smart phone / tablet I don’t think this attraction should legally be advertised as part of the Epcot attractions.

Just my thoughts of course :)

TimeTrip

I believe it's more of 'why do 7am go fast?". That's because you don't actually have to be at the park to try. If you don't get it you can just change your park reservation to some other day and try again. To try at 1pm you have to be in the park, so you committed to your park reservation AND went to the park. There is a smaller pool of people trying at 1pm. Also I think generally think the 7am allocation is smaller than the 1pm allocation.

That's how I see it anyways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom