News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

SingleRider

Premium Member
1pm drop lasted for 19847.804 secs, or 4 hours 31 mins, a new record.
The VQ closed at 6:31pm, about 2.5 hours before park close, and 1.5 hours until BG callings stop for the night.

Up to BG 86 called at 1pm, 6 less than yesterday.
If it started at 1pm and closed at 6:31pm that would be 5 hours and 31 minutes. That is an amazing record - did Ratatouille ever last that long? We may be seeing the end of VQ at Guardians soon if this keeps up.

gerarar

Premium Member
If it started at 1pm and closed at 6:31pm that would be 5 hours and 31 minutes. That is an amazing record - did Ratatouille ever last that long? We may be seeing the end of VQ at Guardians soon if this keeps up.
Ah you're right! I'm central time, so doing the conversions in my head messes me up sometimes! Honestly should have my bot do the calculations tbh haha.

Typo fixed!

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 36 Stats (7/1):
7am: 95.9 secs
1pm: 19847.8 secs, or ~5 hours 31 mins

BG 204 is the last BG called for the day. This is 16 more than yesterday.

The average pace was 3-4mins/BG for entire day.

Notable 15+ min stoppages today:
7:16 - 7:38 pm

That does it for Day 36 of GotG: CR!
Exponential:
scatter_plot-44.png

Linear:
scatter_plot-34.png

TheMaxRebo

When will they move this to standby? Seems like the ride is fairly reliable....

Rat was pretty reliable too - it lasted a bit over 3 months for that.

One thing the VQ also does is limits gets to 1 ride (or 2 if they also pay for ILL), if you get rid of the VQ then people can ride multiple times which will lengthen the queue

As long as all ILLs are sold and all VQ spots get taken eventually, I think think they could keep it around. If it starts that the 1pm VQ never closes as not all spots are taken, then sure, go to standby

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 37 Stats (7/2):
7am: 26.6 secs
1pm: 14440.4 secs, or ~4 hours 1 mins

BG 200 is the last BG called for the day. This is 4 less than yesterday.

The average pace was 3-4mins/BG for entire day.

Notable 15+ min stoppages today:
10:30 - 10:47 am
10:51 - 11:07 am

That does it for Day 37 of GotG: CR!
scatter_plot-31.png

Last edited:

TriSeb

Biggest Bummer. Last night, we got in Line at 7:30 PM for our BG (Our Plane Landed about 3PM) and were sketchin about having enough time to jam in our additional/purchased ILL. Well, we didn't get to ride at all on our first day after over a month of practicing, tracking on ThrillData, this thread, and planning. My family was completely deflated.

We were on the last switchback before boarding and the PA system would announce that the ride would be up "momentarily", again, and again, and again. Every time I asked for an update the CMs would simply ignore me. Really, no response whatsoever.

"Should we just leave so we can at least watch Harmonious?" I asked them... Crickets. We eventually pulled the plug and went to watch Harmonious and politely told every CM on the way out that the lack of updates or acknowledgment of my questions was unacceptable and to let management know. I still haven't been credited for my ILL so I will have to go to the concierge in a couple of hours.

We have a second EPCOT day planned so I am hopeful but a bit jaded already about the newest ride. The rest of the first day was a BLAST so.... as I told my family a bad moment a Disney is better than any great day at home.

vikescaper

Biggest Bummer. Last night, we got in Line at 7:30 PM for our BG (Our Plane Landed about 3PM) and were sketchin about having enough time to jam in our additional/purchased ILL. Well, we didn't get to ride at all on our first day after over a month of practicing, tracking on ThrillData, this thread, and planning. My family was completely deflated.

We were on the last switchback before boarding and the PA system would announce that the ride would be up "momentarily", again, and again, and again. Every time I asked for an update the CMs would simply ignore me. Really, no response whatsoever.

"Should we just leave so we can at least watch Harmonious?" I asked them... Crickets. We eventually pulled the plug and went to watch Harmonious and politely told every CM on the way out that the lack of updates or acknowledgment of my questions was unacceptable and to let management know. I still haven't been credited for my ILL so I will have to go to the concierge in a couple of hours.

We have a second EPCOT day planned so I am hopeful but a bit jaded already about the newest ride. The rest of the first day was a BLAST so.... as I told my family a bad moment a Disney is better than any great day at home.
Do you remember what time you got out of line? I got in line at around 7:48 last night and was affected by the downtime, first in the first holding area and then on the lift hill after load. I can’t remember the exact time but I was to say we were off the ride prior to 8:50. I totally understand the frustration, though.

vikescaper

Got group 65 for today! I freaked out momentarily as the app decided to refresh again after I tapped refresh.
I was wrong, I got group 61! Quick question and I apologize if it has been asked before. We are eligible for the extended evening hours tonight. Do you have to be in the park at 6 pm when the virtual queue opens for that?

DCBaker

Premium Member
I was wrong, I got group 61! Quick question and I apologize if it has been asked before. We are eligible for the extended evening hours tonight. Do you have to be in the park at 6 pm when the virtual queue opens for that?

You do not have to be in the park for the 6pm Virtual Queue.

"An additional opportunity to request to join the virtual queue will be available at 6:00 PM on select dates during extended evening theme park hours, a benefit for registered Guests staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort or other select hotels. Guests with this benefit do not need to be in EPCOT to request to join at that time.

These Guests will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours—or, they may experience extended evening hours if they have a ticket or Annual Pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park for which they made their reservation."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom