Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Its a shame that some people dont have respect for others
872447B2-7547-4825-ACCE-BABAA6D3BCA6.jpeg

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
We've seen all kinds of trash allover the parking lots for a while now, seems to be getting worse. Fast food wrapers, paper bags, empty bottles/cups, even dirty diapers! Unbelievable. 😠

Last edited:

mergatroid

About 3 years ago I took our dog to a local park and saw a woman leave her McDonalds wrappers on the field after she'd watched her son play football. I approached her, asked her nicely to pick them up and put them in the bin and she just verbally abused me before getting in her car and driving off. The following week I bought a McDonalds milkshake and drove to the park again. She was there as her distinctive car was again in the small car park. After I'd poured my milkshake all over her windscreen I left, my only regret being that I couldn't see her face when she returned to her vehicle.

Anteater

About 3 years ago I took our dog to a local park and saw a woman leave her McDonalds wrappers on the field after she'd watched her son play football. I approached her, asked her nicely to pick them up and put them in the bin and she just verbally abused me before getting in her car and driving off. The following week I bought a McDonalds milkshake and drove to the park again. She was there as her distinctive car was again in the small car park. After I'd poured my milkshake all over her windscreen I left, my only regret being that I couldn't see her face when she returned to her vehicle.
I hope that wasn't a true story. Two wrongs don't make it right. Next time, be the better person and record her and post the video to TikTok. 🤣

mergatroid

I hope that wasn't a true story. Two wrongs don't make it right. Next time, be the better person and record her and post the video to TikTok. 🤣
Yes, it's a true story. I'd tried being the better person by politely asking her to pick up her stuff and put it in the bin and she decided to refuse and tell me to F myself. I think cleaning that mess off her windscreen was a just punishment and far more annoying than putting her on TikTok 🤣

The Great Gonzo

Geez, I guess we can't have nice things. Do you know who leaves trash on the ground. ... trash. Mother Nature, the crying Native American and Smokey the Bear should hunt them down.

Lilofan

Sad commentary on society --too many people are slobs, I wonder if they do this at home, I hate to think of what their houses look like. Unfortunately this is not unique to WDW just look at all the trash dumped along the highways.
In some places I've worked educated professionals have to be reminded by their secretaries on a posted sign " Your mother doesn't work here, clean up after yourself " in regards to the staff kitchen.

Diamond Dot

It's not just in the parking lot, it's in the parks too. There are more than adequate bins, but, they will just drop stuff where they sit or walk. I strolled along the GF walkway a couple of times and the rubbish thrown into the water was infuriating, mainly cans and plastic bottles where wildlife live. And this is done by the generation we are being told we should be saving the planet for.

eliza61nyc

In some places I've worked educated professionals have to be reminded by their secretaries on a posted sign " Your mother doesn't work here, clean up after yourself " in regards to the staff kitchen.
We unfortunately have the same sign. About once every quarter we would have lunch time safety meetings, the boss would bring in pizza and salads. I was shocked by how many coworkers would get up and leave dirty plates cups and napkins all over the place. Our manager finally sent out an email saying if they didn't clean up their act literally, free lunch was going to end.
Sad commentary on society --too many people are slobs, I wonder if they do this at home, I hate to think of what their houses look like. Unfortunately this is not unique to WDW just look at all the trash dumped along the highways.
Philadelphia unfortunately is getting the nickname "filth-adelphia". I've seen people leave empty soda cups at the base of the rocky statue, 10 steps away from a trash 🗑 😕

jloucks

Sometimes 2 wrongs do make a right.

Play stupid games, wind stupid prizes.

But I do like your public shaming idea more than the milkshaking. Public shaming can be effective, albeit more as a warning to others.

jloucks

Yes, where I work too. I don't get it.

On a very related note, I work in a female dominated industry so at times, there are only two guys working here. It becomes blatantly obvious who mucks up the restroom in this scenario. I am also the big boss, so it is a bit satisfying to coach guys on proper toilet etiquette.

Lilofan

We unfortunately have the same sign. About once every quarter we would have lunch time safety meetings, the boss would bring in pizza and salads. I was shocked by how many coworkers would get up and leave dirty plates cups and napkins all over the place. Our manager finally sent out an email saying if they didn't clean up their act literally, free lunch was going to end.

Philadelphia unfortunately is getting the nickname "filth-adelphia". I've seen people leave empty soda cups at the base of the rocky statue, 10 steps away from a trash 🗑 😕
Those Epcot World Showcase trash cans do more than hold trash during Food and Wine. The tops of the cans make for a makeshift cocktail table to hold our food and wine while we partake ! All I need is a candlelight and white table cloth to make it more cozier!

Diamond Dot

Those Epcot World Showcase trash cans do more than hold trash during Food and Wine. The tops of the cans make for a makeshift cocktail table to hold our food and wine while we partake ! All I need is a candlelight and white table cloth to make it more cozier!
Someone should take one of those battery operated candles and a white cloth and do exactly that, especially in the France Pavillion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom