Blizzard Beach Construction

_caleb

I agree. People need to move on and decide if the current form of WDW Is somewhere they want to visit. It’s pretty great, but not for everyone, especially if you want to go back in time.
Why should we move on from talking about things we love? Aren’t these boards a good place for that?

I can’t speak for others, but I have no desire for the Parks to go back in time. I want them to go forward and progress! I just want them to do it well—according to the standards of theming, storytelling, and place making they themselves pioneered.

RobWDW1971

. I want them to go forward and progress! I just want them to do it well—according to the standards of theming, storytelling, and place making they themselves pioneered.
Of course, we all do, but the Company has made it clear they now reject those concepts.

So expecting them to change, being angry, or surprised when you see these ridiculous things happen is like being shocked that P*rnHub isn't showing educational videos on world history. It isn't their business model.

As the previous poster said, when we see these embarrassing things (and there will be many more), all you can do is laugh because the parks are now just a sad joke.

Chi84

Premium Member
Why should we move on from talking about things we love? Aren’t these boards a good place for that?

I can’t speak for others, but I have no desire for the Parks to go back in time. I want them to go forward and progress! I just want them to do it well—according to the standards of theming, storytelling, and place making they themselves pioneered.
Oh no, I didn’t mean talking. I was responding to someone who was talking about actually visiting WDW.

_caleb

Of course, we all do, but the Company has made it clear they now reject those concepts.

So expecting them to change, being angry, or surprised when you see these ridiculous things happen is like being shocked that P*rnHub isn't showing educational videos on world history. It isn't their business model.

As the previous poster said, when we see these embarrassing things (and there will be many more), all you can do is laugh because the parks are now just a sad joke.
I’m not angry or surprised by the current state of things. It’s happened incrementally over time. I get that Disney Parks fans have different things they’re into. For me, it’s good immersive storytelling. And I haven’t given up hope Disney can/will return to form, because I see glimpses of it and near misses all the time–even in some of the new stuff.

RobWDW1971

I’m not angry or surprised by the current state of things. It’s happened incrementally over time. I get that Disney Parks fans have different things they’re into. For me, it’s good immersive storytelling. And I haven’t given up hope Disney can/will return to form, because I see glimpses of it and near misses all the time–even in some of the new stuff.
I get it, you're like a long past boyfriend who still drives by the house of your high school girlfriend thinking there's still a chance when she's been married for 15 years, has three kids, and lives on the other side of the country.

There's a point where "hope" becomes "delusional denial".

_caleb

expecting them to change, being angry, or surprised when you see these ridiculous things happen is like being shocked that P*rnHub isn't showing educational videos on world history.
you're like a long past boyfriend who still drives by the house of your high school girlfriend thinking there's still a chance when she's been married for 15 years, has three kids, and lives on the other side of the country.
You are very bad at analogies

Tom Morrow

The “relax, this is no big deal” folks don’t seem to understand that the current state of the parks is due to a thousand little “no big deal” changes.

THIS!

It seems like there are three groups of people regarding these type of changes. Those like you and me who recognize that, while this ONE thing might not be that big of a deal, it is the latest in a long list of offenders that have diluted the quality and integrity of the parks and complaints about it are warranted.

Then you have those on the fence, who might like it or not like it but insist it's no big deal.

Then you have the Disney Adults, who gush over this. Disney seems only concerned with pleasing the Disney Adults now, not realizing that the appeal of WDW goes far beyond being immersed in the Disney brand.

LittleBuford

THIS!

It seems like there are three groups of people regarding these type of changes. Those like you and me who recognize that, while this ONE thing might not be that big of a deal, it is the latest in a long list of offenders that have diluted the quality and integrity of the parks and complaints about it are warranted.

Then you have those on the fence, who might like it or not like it but insist it's no big deal.

Then you have the Disney Adults, who gush over this. Disney seems only concerned with pleasing the Disney Adults now, not realizing that the appeal of WDW goes far beyond being immersed in the Disney brand.
I don't fit neatly into any of those groups. It's a perfectly nice addition, but I don't see anything to gush over, and nor do I think it's really meant to elicit any strong reaction except from the young children for whom it's designed.

Is Brown a theme?

talking season 8 GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom