Blizzard Beach Construction

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
There was a very large crane there when driving by yesterday and quite a bit of vegetation removed so you could see back stage. Was caught by surprise and didnt have a chance to get photos. There also appeared to be a large section of prefabricated framework laying ground level. This could be part of the crane I guess but it appeared to be a different color.

esskay

There was a very large crane there when driving by yesterday and quite a bit of vegetation removed so you could see back stage. Was caught by surprise and didnt have a chance to get photos. There also appeared to be a large section of prefabricated framework laying ground level. This could be part of the crane I guess but it appeared to be a different color.
If it's a high crane it's not uncommon for parts to be a mix of colors, especially at the moment as they're in short supply.

Nthderivative

I believe this is the raft conveyor belt that I mentioned. I also noticed a few additional conveyor belt sections along side of this prefabed framework.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I never noticed BB being so visible once you finish the loop coming off Buena Vista in front of McDs. Has it always been like that or did they clear out tree cover?

J4546

really wish they would add a mountain with a bunch of slides like volcano bay to BB. But hey, a conveyor belt is a nice little QOL improvement

Disone

So are they going to theme that by October or leave it - gasp! - exposed steel??

The conveyor belt has about as much the mean as run off rapids themselves. They have always been a low point in Disney theming as far as the water parks go.

And the water at the landing pool looks.... Gross. Got some river country vibes right there.

bpiper

If harmonius taught them anything, some theming will be added
Want to bet on that. Since they put that thing together from parts on the ground (Erector Set), that was the time to theme it, not when its up in the air. Much more difficult to access it. Also, if you get a jam on the belt, you can't see where its at.

The more important question; why are they doing this?

This is costing them some big bucks. That concrete pad and crane rental wasn't cheap, never mind the conveyor cost itself.
We know that Disney doesn't care about guest satisfaction anymore. So, the complaints about having to carry a raft up would run off like water.
People keep coming, so everything is fine in Disney eyes.

My take would be the cost of rafts getting damaged being carried up the hill. Those commercial rafts aren't cheap. But more importantly, lawyers. As in, injury settlements with people who hurt themselves having to carry the raft up. Trip and falls, banged up legs, arms, broken legs and arms. Maybe a concussion from hitting their head on the concrete. That could be some big settlements.

castlecake2.0

Want to bet on that. Since they put that thing together from parts on the ground (Erector Set), that was the time to theme it, not when its up in the air. Much more difficult to access it. Also, if you get a jam on the belt, you can't see where its at.

The more important question; why are they doing this?

This is costing them some big bucks. That concrete pad and crane rental wasn't cheap, never mind the conveyor cost itself.
We know that Disney doesn't care about guest satisfaction anymore. So, the complaints about having to carry a raft up would run off like water.
People keep coming, so everything is fine in Disney eyes.

My take would be the cost of rafts getting damaged being carried up the hill. Those commercial rafts aren't cheap. But more importantly, lawyers. As in, injury settlements with people who hurt themselves having to carry the raft up. Trip and falls, banged up legs, arms, broken legs and arms. Maybe a concussion from hitting their head on the concrete. That could be some big settlements.
Sure

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom