Blizzard Beach Construction

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Have any sense on what it is beyond that? Looks like team boat replacement to me but it could be multiple things as you say

Team Boat is out of reach of the tower crane. Maybe they are also replacing Runoff Rapids.

Here is the reach of the crane someone posted earlier in the thread.
1654965535821.png

Disone

More pictures of the construction from Bioreconstruct.

Looks to be like they are replacing the aging out water slides with the same. Credit to them for doing major maintenance on a water park rumored to be near the end of its life cycle. Which means clearly they are going to keep this water park. However, just the same, I was kind of hoping for a new attraction or two. Still am so fingers crossed.

tomast

Looks to be like they are replacing the aging out water slides with the same. Credit to them for doing major maintenance on a water park rumored to be near the end of its life cycle. Which means clearly they are going to keep this water park. However, just the same, I was kind of hoping for a new attraction or two. Still am so fingers crossed.
Why near the end of the life cycle??

Disone

Why near the end of the life cycle??
I didn't mean it so factually. But Blizzard Beach as well Over 20 years old and many water parks never last that long. It's going to need major infrastructure updates in order to last another 25 years. Looks like it may be getting that now.

Club Cooloholic

I didn't mean it so factually. But Blizzard Beach as well Over 20 years old and many water parks never last that long. It's going to need major structure updates in order to last another 25 years. Looks like it may be getting that now.
One of my favorite water parks in terms of themeing so I'm glad they are fixing it up. My guess is there is no rush to have 2 water parks open with all the staffing issues. Lifeguards can be hard to find. Hopefully by next summer both parks can be open at the same time

Kramerica

Really wish blizzard beach would open already, getting Into the summer we love to go to the water parks on the weekend and wish we could go to either.

raymusiccity

I didn't mean it so factually. But Blizzard Beach as well Over 20 years old and many water parks never last that long. It's going to need major infrastructure updates in order to last another 25 years. Looks like it may be getting that now.
I'm sure we'll hear about other examples, but, Nashville Shores Water Park has been open since 1998, and is going strong!

UpAllNight

Waterslides are fun and all but the best attractions at any waterpark are the wave pool, lazy rivers and fast rivers as found at aquatica and volcano bay. Disney needs one - they’re a people eater and an absolute riot.

UpAllNight

They need a fast river like at Aquatica and Volcano Bay. They're absolutely the most fun things at a waterpark.

But maybe require a team of 10-20 lifeguards on any given day, so that probably takes it out of the equation...for one of the worlds biggest companies 😂

esskay

It's great tha they're replacing some existing slides to improve things but man the place is in desparate need of way more than that. Once you've been to Volcano Bay or Aquatica both BB and TL look extremely dated and dull, which is a shame as the theming at both is excellent.

They could really do with the fast not-so-lazy river already mentioned, plus a couple of new rides each (preferably ones that dont make you walk 10 miles to get to the top of the damn things!). Even with basic maintenance they are going to continue to bleed customers. I imagine when Epic Universe opens they'll lose a huge chunk of marketshare to uni...which might not be a bad thing, it could force them to make some major improvements to both water parks, or even better replace one of them entirely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom