Rank the Disney/Universal Orlando parks

Best park?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Discover the Magic of Our Beautiful Planet During Earth Week Celebration at  Disney's Animal Kingdom | Disney Parks Blog

New Entrance Flags at EPCOT | Walt Disney World News

Quiet Corners of Disney's Hollywood Studios - Disney Dining

Universal Orlando's 'Jurassic World' VelociCoaster Set to Open This Week |  Travel + Leisure

Celebrate the Return of Select Fan-Favorite Tours from the Enchanting  Extras Collection at Walt Disney World Resort in 2022 | Disney Parks Blog

Rock the Universe returns to Universal Studios Florida in 2022 | Inside  Universal

The parks are constantly changing, however as of currently (April 2022), which is the best park?

GuyFawkes

Universal is too good at spreading their good attractions over two park so...........difficult to say if one Universal park can beat out all the Disney parks? Can't beat the Magic Kingdom. Going to have to think about this.

NelleBelle

For me, it's definitely a tie between MK and USO for theming! What USO did with HP is incredible! MK is incredibly nostalgic for me but definitely needs a tad updating in areas. But if we were to vote on overall parks, hands down the Disney parks would be my vote of the US parks.

JIMINYCR

We visit them all and enjoy what each offers. They all differ in what thrills and entertainment we get out of each. Ranking #1 overall however remains MK as my fav. How Disney handles guest issues and policies going forward may have an affect on how I feel about that.

DfromATX

I voted MK because I love everything about it, but I watched a video on Epic Universe last night and I have to say it looks like it's going to be pretty cool! It's one of Mickey Views latest videos if you're interested. I honestly believe it will be some serious competition for Disney.

Walt Disney1955

Magic Kingdom is #1 for me. #2-6 is what I have to ponder. None of the parks are bad, I love them all. I am just thinking about overall experience as well. In other words, what is the best experience I have at each park. So it goes like this for me:

1 - MK
2 - Epcot
3 - Islands
4 - Animal Kingdom
5 - DHS
6 - Universal

I can't speak for everyone, but is it pretty near unanimous that Islands of Adventure trumps the original Universal Orlando? Not often does a newer park beat the original, but I think it does here. Also, #2 and 3 are more or less a coin flip.

choco choco

Having been to all six recently:

1) Epcot World Showcase
2) Diagon Alley
....a gap a mile wide...

3) (three way tie) Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios and Islands of Adventure

...another rather large gap...
6) Epcot Future World
7) Magic Kingdom
8) The rest of Universal Studios

Marc Davis Fan

It really depends on whether your focus is theming/immersion or attraction roster.

Theming/immersion:
  1. Disney's Animal Kingdom
  2. EPCOT (due to World Showcase)
  3. Disney's Hollywood Studios (due to Hollywood areas and Galaxy's Edge)
  4. The Magic Kingdom
  5. Islands of Adventure
  6. Universal Studios Florida
Attraction roster:
  1. Islands of Adventure
  2. The Magic Kingdom
  3. Disney's Hollywood Studios
  4. Disney's Animal Kingdom
  5. Universal Studios Florida
  6. EPCOT

Getachew

Magic Kingdom is #1 for me. #2-6 is what I have to ponder. None of the parks are bad, I love them all. I am just thinking about overall experience as well. In other words, what is the best experience I have at each park. So it goes like this for me:

1 - MK
2 - Epcot
3 - Islands
4 - Animal Kingdom
5 - DHS
6 - Universal

I can't speak for everyone, but is it pretty near unanimous that Islands of Adventure trumps the original Universal Orlando? Not often does a newer park beat the original, but I think it does here. Also, #2 and 3 are more or less a coin flip.

I used to prefer UO over IOA years ago, but UO is mostly nothing but screen rides now...which easily makes IOA the better park. In fact, of the choices listed, I'd easily rank UO at the bottom.

Walt Disney1955

I used to prefer UO over IOA years ago, but UO is mostly nothing but screen rides now...which easily makes IOA the better park. In fact, of the choices listed, I'd easily rank UO at the bottom.

I mean, I still love Universal, but you're right, IOA is much better, hence my list. I had a family member who only had a day to check out Universal. I told him without hesitation to see Islands over the original Universal.

Animaniac93-98

Was going to say MK, but it keeps getting worse while IoA is clearly on an upward trajectory with its two recent coaster additions.

MK gets by largely on the strength of what remains from its first decade. I just did a count of the current attractions* and about 2/3rds of them originally opened during that time.

*ignoring meet 'n greet halls, parades and shows

Walt Disney1955

Was going to say MK, but it keeps getting worse while IoA is clearly on an upward trajectory with its two recent coaster additions.

MK gets by largely on the strength of what remains from its first decade. I just did a count of the current attractions* and about 2/3rds of them originally opened during that time.

*ignoring meet 'n greet halls, parades and shows

That doesn't hurt them. If anything what hurts Universal is that the park's core is not the same from 1990. I am all for building new stuff, you need to do that, but you should never rip out your core for the next new thing. There is a charm that comes from the nostalgia of Disney. My grandparents saw certain things in 1973 (when they were older) that I still can see today. There is something worthwhile in that. The problem with Disney is that they aren't the best anymore at new ideas. I would agree that Universal seems to be better at these new ideas. Disney has the space to keep their old stuff and still bring in some new stuff. Universal doesn't.

MickeyMouse10

That doesn't hurt them. If anything what hurts Universal is that the park's core is not the same from 1990. I am all for building new stuff, you need to do that, but you should never rip out your core for the next new thing. There is a charm that comes from the nostalgia of Disney. My grandparents saw certain things in 1973 (when they were older) that I still can see today. There is something worthwhile in that. The problem with Disney is that they aren't the best anymore at new ideas. I would agree that Universal seems to be better at these new ideas. Disney has the space to keep their old stuff and still bring in some new stuff. Universal doesn't.

Exactly, they don't seem to realize that people love to do the classics. Magic Kingdom's popularity is largely based on rides like The Haunted Mansion.

Back to the Future, Jaws and King Kong should still be there right now. They could have just put The Simpsons in the Kidzone area and Diagon Alley where Fear Factor resides. Plus they've replaced the classics with mostly screens. There's no boat rides, dark rides or omnimovers, even their shows have screens (Bourne). Their lack of different attractions definitely puts Universal Studios on the bottom of my list.

kalel8145

I feel like it's hard to compare them. They are very different Parks. My last experience with universal was right after the first Harry Potter expansion. Before that Jaws and Twister were still there. Not sure I'm qualified to rank since it's been so long that I was at universal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom