Tower of Terror

Sbk1234

Off topic, but slightly related, does anyone know if the wait times appearing on the Disney app are accurate, or longer or shorter than the actual waits?

Walt Disney1955

In the entire time I have gone to Disney I have never waited for this for very long. I don't know if I hit it at a good time or if we hit DHS on a good day, but 20 minutes, maybe, is the peak I can remember hitting it before getting to the first portion of the ride.

I haven't been to WDW since 2018, I am told constantly that the lines are even more unbearable since then.

Rob562

Posted time this morning was 85 mins. We were on the elevator in 40. After we finished, I noticed they’re testing the other drop shaft. I hadn’t noticed that in the past couple weeks since we arrived.

I didn't notice it fully testing, but when we were there at the end of April there were a couple bellhops over on the Alpha/Bravo side of the boiler room. While we were waiting the Bravo doors opened on a car and the CM pushed a button and the doors closed again. (Whether they dispatched it or just reclosed the doors I couldn't tell)

-Rob

celluloid

So the first one down for refurb has not finished yet. But if both are likely to be finished in July than there should be a switch soon right?

If I remember right, the refurbishment may bring back stronger drop forces like they both once had. Is this still a possiblity @marni1971 I believe mentioned that. Or will a lesser profile be permanent so the strain does not occur?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So the first one down for refurb has not finished yet. But if both are likely to be finished in July than there should be a switch soon right?

If I remember right, the refurbishment may bring back stronger drop forces like they both once had. Is this still a possiblity @marni1971 I believe mentioned that. Or will a lesser profile be permanent so the strain does not occur?
I forget the details now but a few years ago at least one drop shaft was profile locked after damage occurred. Whether this will solve that or if it’s already fixed I don’t know.

FutureCEO

Off topic, but slightly related, does anyone know if the wait times appearing on the Disney app are accurate, or longer or shorter than the actual waits?

Just came back.... some waits were accurate and some were not. Rise was 60 - took like 40 minutes. Splash was 45...took 15. Space was 50....took 70. Jungle Cruise was 40...took 15 (during the fireworks). Flights of Passage was accurate 50 minutes.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Just came back.... some waits were accurate and some were not. Rise was 60 - took like 40 minutes. Splash was 45...took 15. Space was 50....took 70. Jungle Cruise was 40...took 15 (during the fireworks). Flights of Passage was accurate 50 minutes.

Fop was only 50? Wow

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom