News 2022 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival

castlecake2.0

Coming 2023:

Food and Wine Festival
7/1/23-Until the meteor strikes!
I am hoping that the return of CRPs and CPs along with mostly everything reopened the festivals might go back to a more typical schedule. One issue since reopening is that all the people working festivals were statused as “festivals” rather than being deployed from other areas to work festivals for short periods, and they had nowhere to send all these people in between festival dates. Next year they might be a little more flexible with this. Saying that, now you’ve created the issue where you’re always trying to beat last years sales and if you suddenly take away extra months of festivals thats a lot of $$ to try to make elsewhere. So maybe we’re stuck with it. I’d really love to see the promenade not littered with tables and kiosks all summer. Also god help them if they close Canada: Far & Wide again to shove in some apple kiosk!

ToTBellHop

Geeze..Better off just calling this The Epcot International Festival of the Arts, Flowers, Food And Wine now..Are they still struggling to get guests to come to Epcot?
I don’t exactly have a problem with a permanent world’s fair having food carts. My family and I love eating our way around World Showcase. It’s a nice change of pace from rope dropping roller coasters.

I just wish there was a way to improve guest flow.

castlecake2.0

I don’t exactly have a problem with a permanent world’s fair having food carts. My family and I love eating our way around World Showcase. It’s a nice change of pace from rope dropping roller coasters.

Removing the temporary Starbucks will help in that one area, also think they need to try to get more kiosks off the promenade and into their own little plazas like they’ve done in Germany and beside Morocco

ToTBellHop

Removing the temporary Starbucks will help in that one area, also think they need to try to get more kiosks off the promenade and into their own little plazas like they’ve done in Germany and beside Morocco
Yes. If they indeed build Poppins, they should set aside space in that pad for kiosks.

I like how the France kiosk is kind of isolated in its own area.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Well it’s supposed to be a worlds fair…not a worlds carnival.

It’s just tacky to do all the time. The limited times were part of the appeal. Not it’s just mundane food out of warming trays all the time.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am hoping that the return of CRPs and CPs along with mostly everything reopened the festivals might go back to a more typical schedule. One issue since reopening is that all the people working festivals were statused as “festivals” rather than being deployed from other areas to work festivals for short periods, and they had nowhere to send all these people in between festival dates. Next year they might be a little more flexible with this. Saying that, now you’ve created the issue where you’re always trying to beat last years sales and if you suddenly take away extra months of festivals thats a lot of $$ to try to make elsewhere. So maybe we’re stuck with it. I’d really love to see the promenade not littered with tables and kiosks all summer. Also god help them if they close Canada: Far & Wide again to shove in some apple kiosk!
You made a pretty compelling case why this sucks there…

ToTBellHop

Well it’s supposed to be a worlds fair…not a worlds carnival.

It’s just tacky to do all the time. The limited times were part of the appeal. Not it’s just mundane food out of warming trays all the time.
I guess it is not for everyone. I’m just not that cynical. Far more upset at what is happening at the front of the park. World Showcase is still a respite for me.

Not that I won’t be giggling like everyone else on Cosmic Rewind…

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I guess it is not for everyone. I’m just not that cynical. Far more upset at what is happening at the front of the park. World Showcase is still a respite for me.

Not that I won’t be giggling like everyone else on Cosmic Rewind…
Well I’m an Epcot first guy…and a quality/value guy…and a dedication to quality to ensure superior delivery business guy…and have seen the festivals since day 1 in most case…

…so I know what I am.

castlecake2.0

If we are going to have non stop festivals I wish they would designate a venue in each pavilion to be the festival kiosk instead of having temporary kiosks everywhere. I am very bored at work right now so here is my list:

Canada - The infamous chateau/ former Boutique des Provinces - this wouldnt be able to handle the cheese soup kiosk, but would work well for a small wine/cheese/dessert type offering, with room on the overlook for outdoor tables

UK - Change the Toy Soldier to a venue, its a decent size, already has an outdoor queue from an old meet and greet, and gives you room for indoor and outdoor tables

France - No space right now as the Rat has turned this pavilion into a disaster

France/Morocco Transition - They have already made this into an area that can accommodate two kiosks, good to go

Morocco - They have already turned Tangerine Cafe into a Festival venue and seems to be working. I am not sure what long term plans are for Restaurant Marakesh, but it was a nice seating/lounge area for Festivals last year, and is attached to a full kitchen so it could be a good spot as well

Japan - Cannot think of a different space here

American Adventure - The kiosks here are already out of the way

Italy - Not a huge crowd control culprit here as there is a lot space on the promenade here

Germany - This is another area where they have kind of created a little kiosk plaza, works for me

The Outpost - Remove the colonial African set dressings and theme this to the same style as World Showcase Plaza (which I heard is coming anyways) You could fit two kiosks here out of the way of the main promenade

China - I would say set this up in the outdoor market area near the exit of Reflections of China, I just cant recall how big their line usually gets and if there would be room there.

Norway - No room/no kiosk so were good

Mexico - god speed, I turn around after Norway as that whole area just feels like a Senor Frogs during spring break now

Imagination Rose Walk - This area will be fine after Starbucks gets outta here

This would help reduce clutter and, GASP, encourage people to maybe explore the pavilions a bit more instead of doing a speed lap around the world showcase race track.

ToTBellHop

If we are going to have non stop festivals I wish they would designate a venue in each pavilion to be the festival kiosk instead of having temporary kiosks everywhere. I am very bored at work right now so here is my list:

Canada - The infamous chateau/ former Boutique des Provinces - this wouldnt be able to handle the cheese soup kiosk, but would work well for a small wine/cheese/dessert type offering, with room on the overlook for outdoor tables

UK - Change the Toy Soldier to a venue, its a decent size, already has an outdoor queue from an old meet and greet, and gives you room for indoor and outdoor tables

France - No space right now as the Rat has turned this pavilion into a disaster

France/Morocco Transition - They have already made this into an area that can accommodate two kiosks, good to go

Morocco - They have already turned Tangerine Cafe into a Festival venue and seems to be working. I am not sure what long term plans are for Restaurant Marakesh, but it was a nice seating/lounge area for Festivals last year, and is attached to a full kitchen so it could be a good spot as well

Japan - Cannot think of a different space here

American Adventure - The kiosks here are already out of the way

Italy - Not a huge crowd control culprit here as there is a lot space on the promenade here

Germany - This is another area where they have kind of created a little kiosk plaza, works for me

The Outpost - Remove the colonial African set dressings and theme this to the same style as World Showcase Plaza (which I heard is coming anyways) You could fit two kiosks here out of the way of the main promenade

China - I would say set this up in the outdoor market area near the exit of Reflections of China, I just cant recall how big their line usually gets and if there would be room there.

Norway - No room/no kiosk so were good

Mexico - god speed, I turn around after Norway as that whole area just feels like a Senor Frogs during spring break now

Imagination Rose Walk - This area will be fine after Starbucks gets outta here

This would help reduce clutter and, GASP, encourage people to maybe explore the pavilions a bit more instead of doing a speed lap around the world showcase race track.
You got sucked into the Pre-Harmonious Wet T-Shirt Contest, too? Too many places to get margaritas…

castlecake2.0

You got sucked into the Pre-Harmonious Wet T-Shirt Contest, too? Too many places to get margaritas…
I watch from the Odyssey bridge and it just boggles my mind. They never should have built the table service restaurant there, it creates a pan/small world corridor, theres strollers everywhere, margarita huts left, right, and center. I am not exaggerating, I make a U turn and go the other way.

Disstevefan1

I watch from the Odyssey bridge and it just boggles my mind. They never should have built the table service restaurant there, it creates a pan/small world corridor, theres strollers everywhere, margarita huts left, right, and center. I am not exaggerating, I make a U turn and go the other way.
I remember when the Odyssey was still a restaurant. We looked in, saw it was MOBBED and then moved on....

po1998

We were at Epcot a few weeks ago. Stopped and tried offerings at many booths. I won’t comment on the alcohol as all were overpriced, but sampled food at many booths. Two items stood out as ridiculous…ravioli(4 pieces) and risotto balls(4 or 5 small pieces). One was $13, the other $14.

Convenient how all prices are left out of guidebook.

PS Overall we enjoyed it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom