News 2022 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
NOT nigiri
1656680684337.png

If it's wrapped in nori and sliced, it's makizushi.

That said, everything at all the booths looks 'ONO!

Last edited:

ladybat2

No Orange Bird sipper or Figment popcorn bucket but you can get a bland Corkcicle(TM) tumbler or a Rat spork.
Ha ha ha ha! I have no idea what any of that is. I'm booked for the first week in Oct. My daughter and me and this will be our first time experiencing the food and wine festival. Any tips for us you'd like to share?

bhg469

Ha ha ha ha! I have no idea what any of that is. I'm booked for the first week in Oct. My daughter and me and this will be our first time experiencing the food and wine festival. Any tips for us you'd like to share?
Look at the menu on this site ahead of time. Take a few days to sample what you like. I wish I liked wine or beer because that seems to be the big focus.

po1998

Also previously from Buffalo. Had the wings last year and absolutely hated them lol
I’m newish to the Orlando area. Any tips on decent wings?
New York Beer Project(buffalo area bar and restaurant) coming to the Orlando area either later this year or next. I believe somewhere in the Western Way area.

bhg469

New York Beer Project(buffalo area bar and restaurant) coming to the Orlando area either later this year or next. I believe somewhere in the Western Way area.
Yeah I wasn't a huge fan of it back home. I can't see going there either.. I'm not a beer guy though, I'm whiskey all the way. I'm sure it will be a hit here, just not for me.

VelocityRaptor

I loves NYBP back home. It’s only about 5 mins away from where I live now. Definitely going to be my local watering hole once they open

Richie248

It definitely leans to the wine and beer though. Each booth has 2-3 food offerings at most. It seems like the wine and beer are like 4-5.
Wine and beer options are easier in comparison to food. Bottles/cans and cups....just have to keep some of it cold. Food options require ingredients/prep/storage/plating etc etc. I don't drink alcohol anymore and kind of wish they offered some more N/A options....the zero proof market is growing and Disney seems to be behind here. So many craft low alcohol beers (especially Athletic Brewing) and also n/a spirits...oh well...maybe next year.

Amidala

Always confused by the level of animosity some people feel towards the festivals! At best, there's new food and drink offerings, activities and workshops, live entertainment and merch to look forward to every season. At worst, you aren't interested in any of these offerings and stick to eating at the permanent dining locations and riding rides as normal. Totally understood the resentment prior to the Epcot overhaul, when it could be argued the festivals were being used to pull attention from the state of the park, which was in dire need of some TLC. But now that we're getting both a massive overhaul of FW AND the festivals, I'm really pleased...YMMV obviously.

Biggest tip from me is to give each menu option a quick Google (e.g. "Epcot Food & Wine 2022 Gnocchi di Patate Italy"), especially if you're on the fence about trying it. Blogs like DFB post photos (which will often differ wildly from the "staged" photos in the Epcot passports) and honest reviews of the food. Advice from bloggers has put me off some dishes/drinks I otherwise would have tried and introduced me to some spectacular dishes/drinks I wouldn't have thought to try without a recommendation!

ladybat2

Always confused by the level of animosity some people feel towards the festivals! At best, there's new food and drink offerings, activities and workshops, live entertainment and merch to look forward to every season. At worst, you aren't interested in any of these offerings and stick to eating at the permanent dining locations and riding rides as normal. Totally understood the resentment prior to the Epcot overhaul, when it could be argued the festivals were being used to pull attention from the state of the park, which was in dire need of some TLC. But now that we're getting both a massive overhaul of FW AND the festivals, I'm really pleased...YMMV obviously.

Biggest tip from me is to give each menu option a quick Google (e.g. "Epcot Food & Wine 2022 Gnocchi di Patate Italy"), especially if you're on the fence about trying it. Blogs like DFB post photos (which will often differ wildly from the "staged" photos in the Epcot passports) and honest reviews of the food. Advice from bloggers has put me off some dishes/drinks I otherwise would have tried and introduced me to some spectacular dishes/drinks I wouldn't have thought to try without a recommendation!
Thanks! I'll be sure and check that out.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Pluto's Pumpkin Pursuit is coming to the festival this year (this was new at Disneyland last year) -

Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit

Celebrate the Halloween season with your gourd-eous group by partaking in this very special pumpkin hunt from September 29 to October 31, 2022 (or while supplies last).

Here’s how you can join the pursuit:
  • Purchase a game board and stickers at select merchandise locations, including Creations Shop, Port of Entry and World Traveler at International Gateway.
  • Have fun hunting for hidden decorative pumpkins based on Disney characters. Once you’ve found a character, place the corresponding stickers on your game board.
  • Whether you choose to hunt for pumpkins or not, return your game board to Disney Traders—located at the entrance to World Showcase or World Traveler at International Gateway––for a spooky surprise.
Important Details
Pluto's Pumpkin Pursuit is subject to cancellation or change without notice including—without limitation—dates, surprises and prices. Maps, stickers and game boards available while supplies last. Limit 5 game board purchases per Guest. One surprise per game board. Game board valid for redemption through October 31, 2022, or while surprise supplies last.

Here are the merchandise collections that will be available July 14th -

Festival Event Logo Collection

Celebrate the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival with commemorative Event Logo apparel, accessories, kitchen essentials and more!

Chef Mickey Mouse & Chef Minnie Mouse Collection

It’s time to get cooking! Chef Mickey Mouse and Chef Minnie Mouse make serving delicious delights easy with new merchandise, including an apron, tabletop items, kitchen-themed Dooney & Bourke accessories and more!

Princess Tiana Collection

Add some Disney flair to your home. Creative cooking items inspired by Tiana including handy kitchen wares, serving dishes and other favorites!

Chef Figment Collection

Paint your palate purple with this fun new collection featuring apparel, kitchen essentials, trading pins and a Chef Figment-themed MagicBand.

Chef Remy Annual Passholder Collection

Passholders can find unique Remy-inspired merchandise just for them including apparel and trading pins. This collection will also feature novelties like the Passholder tabletop––featuring platters, pitchers and more!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Gillyanne

Obviously, you are paying for the "spooky surprise" in advance.

And that's why when the prize is something I want, when I buy the map, I do it at a redemption location and just ask for the prize right there. The map doesn't have to be done right, so they just stamp it redeemed and we give them to the kids to play w/ the stickers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom