Cultural Representatives Returning to EPCOT This Summer

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This information is not true. They will be sent to other locations. Disney is still currently hiring for many roles.
I wasn’t talking about that “waitresses being fired” quip specifically…

I’m more thinking they are absolutely gonna shave thousands - if possible - off the payroll coming out of this. College program is about to go “high octane” too

TikibirdLand

I’m more thinking they are absolutely gonna shave thousands - if possible - off the payroll coming out of this. College program is about to go “high octane” too
Was disappointed to see that some CP kids were being assigned to housekeeping. I realize that's still an honorable -- and needed -- job. But, I doubt any of them signed up for the program thinking, Wow, it would be so cool making beds, running vacuums and doing room security checks. I'm betting most wanted some role in the parks. The reviews I saw were young ladies that quit because of this. Sad.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster

I guess you could argue that, they’ll save some money operating world showcase now, but the permanent full timers getting displaced are still going to be on company payroll, just somewhere else

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I guess you could argue that, they’ll save some money operating world showcase now, but the permanent full timers getting displaced are still going to be on company payroll, just somewhere else
I have a healthy/warranted level of doubts here.

Think about it…have they not shown “higher revenues” with “less operational costs” for the last year or so?

Never doubt an A-hole in a position of power

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
I have a healthy/warranted level of doubts here.

Think about it…have they not shown “higher revenues” with “less operational costs” for the last year or so?

Never doubt an A-hole in a position of power
I guess I just don’t follow, no ones losing jobs, just getting moved around, as more people are getting hired, so as much as I hate Mr Heinz I don’t see how this is saving any company payroll, it’s just putting the people that have been working in world showcase at another location that’s still going to have to pay them the same they’re making now.

ETA unless we’re saying that long term it’s cheaper to have 1 year CRP cast rotate through than permanently staffing world showcase with domestic cast, than yes I agree, but Thats always been a bonus of the program

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I guess I just don’t follow, no ones losing jobs, just getting moved around, as more people are getting hired, so as much as I hate Mr Heinz I don’t see how this is saving any company payroll, it’s just putting the people that have been working in world showcase at another location that’s still going to have to pay them the same they’re making now.

ETA unless we’re saying that long term it’s cheaper to have 1 year CRP cast rotate through than permanently staffing world showcase with domestic cast, than yes I agree, but Thats always been a bonus of the program
Sorry…I drifted onto a different wavelength

I mean “full capacity” employment would be down. If they have any say about it.

And just as bad…those new tenements going in behind Coronado is gonna make the drunken revolving door “internships” larger…is my guess.

You want “strategic planning”? That would be it.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Being relocated from being a server to working at Pecos bills is not really a fair trade. They are getting people to quit and not calling it being fired. I’ve heard this from 2 servers working in Epcot. So go with what you think.
If you are at a Disney owned and operated location you are not losing any status or role. If you are statused as a tipped server, you have to be offered a role somewhere as a tipped server. That’s the union agreement. Now there were also tipped roles working on Temporary Assignment, those cast will be going back to their statused location whatever that may have been, but that was made very clear from the start. No one was tricked or is being forced to quit.

peter11435

Being relocated from being a server to working at Pecos bills is not really a fair trade. They are getting people to quit and not calling it being fired. I’ve heard this from 2 servers working in Epcot. So go with what you think.
That’s not whats going on here. I’ll go with what I know.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom