Cultural Representatives Returning to EPCOT This Summer

peter11435

All of the pavilions are “owned” by Disney…you’re talking about the sponsorship/labor partnerships.

Let’s not beat around too much on this. Risk management is willing to go with the high infrastructure/vaccination rates…for now…and not the others.

Japan being the anomaly due to geography
He obviously shouldn’t have used the term “owned.” But since those countries are fully operated by Disney those cast work for Disney. As opposed to the Cast in many roles in other pavilions that work for operating participants.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Most Chinese people are mistrustful of western medicine, in general, and certainly smart enough to avoid a Pfizer product with a different label. They’ve struggled to get older people to even accept Chinese vaccines, which is a real problem due to comorbidities. Sinovac isn’t as good as our vaccines but they desperately need those 55+ to take it before the unthinkable happens (and it seems time is short).
So China is out then?

Good…frankly they never should have been “in”

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Part of it could be that these countries require more Disney Cast to operate where as the others rely a lot on third party staff. Canada, UK, Germany, Norway are all fully owned and operated by Disney so it kinda makes sense that these are some areas that get priority. There’s a lot of pieces to this too, as cast working these locations currently will need to move, plus travel restrictions and visas etc etc.
I’m not saying there’s a racism motive here, just that it’s a bad look.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
He obviously shouldn’t have used the term “owned.” But since those countries are fully operated by Disney those cast work for Disney. As opposed to the Cast in many roles in other pavilions that work for operating participants.
In park operations it usually referred to that way
A772BB71-B36E-489B-8ED7-C4E73DDC6F8E.jpeg

nickys

Premium Member
"...We look forward to bringing additional countries on board and sharing applications with them once they clear travel restrictions and / or have CDC-authorized vaccine availability."

Any World Showcase Countries that don't have a CDC authorized vaccine available? Does China?
Some of the vaccines were produced under different names in various countries. For example AZ was produced in India under a different name. And I remember there were problems getting those recognised, at least at the start of international travel re-opening. Not sure of the situation now though.

SirLink

Many countries have in-house developed covid vaccines and therapies

CDC only has authorized 3.

I don’t know…but I doubt that China uses our medications under their us branding

Pretty ironic considering how much they make and ship back

The CDC does accept treatments authorised by the World Health Organisation for entry.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes. If you can get in on an ESTA using a vaccine authorised by WHO, but not by the CDC. Same rules for vaccines would apply to any entry.
If you say so…

It’s a yearlong stint…I think they have to get a J-2?? But i’m rusty on indentured servitude in the era of Covid

Long story short: they’re favoring the countries that are properly “westernized” from a medical and economic perspective. Cya by legal. Things will change.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
If you say so…

It’s a yearlong stint…I think they have to get a J-2?? But i’m rusty on indentured servitude in the era of Covid

Long story short: they’re favoring the countries that are properly “westernized” from a medical and economic perspective. Cya by legal. Things will change.
Q1

SirLink

If you say so…

The six countries mentioned used a lot of AZ vaccine which isn't approved by CDC but by the WHO. Disney and governments wouldn't cut their noses off to spite themselves. Or maybe they will and still wont have enough staff. 🤔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom