News Walt Disney World's Minnie Van service confirmed to return summer 2022

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
"Yeah, they're a bit overpriced, but..." Full stop, right there. There is NO excuse for this service being overpriced unless you were going to be teleported from Point A to Point B or provided some amazing benefits available nowhere else. STOP ENABLING THEIR GREED.

lewisc

"Yeah, they're a bit overpriced, but..." Full stop, right there. There is NO excuse for this service being overpriced unless you were going to be teleported from Point A to Point B or provided some amazing benefits available nowhere else. STOP ENABLING THEIR GREED.
Its priced between Lux Black and Lux Black XL. It's not competitive when compared with casual drivers using personal vehicles.

Drivers are Disney employees driving Disney owned (leased) vehicles. It would be impossible to meet demand, or cover costs, if was priced to compete against basic Lyft.
MV is a premium product with premium pricing.

JMO, I don't include MV in my long list of greedy decisions

Indy_UK

You know what, mini vans is yeah a pricey option but if they actually offered more options, I would pay.

I know they are a distance but the fact they won’t go to Port Canaveral for the cruises or Vero Beach baffles me

lewisc

You know what, mini vans is yeah a pricey option but if they actually offered more options, I would pay.

I know they are a distance but the fact they won’t go to Port Canaveral for the cruises or Vero Beach baffles me
MV wouldn't be able to book a return fare. You'd have to pay an hourly rate which includes time needed for the MV to drive empty one way. At least 4 hours. ,$400 to Vero Beach. Not enough demand. Plus Disney might not have enough vehicles and drivers to handle local customers

mikejs78

Premium Member

Another side to it - I took a bunch of these in the last week (during soft openings) and every single driver I spoke to was thrilled that they were back. Most have been laid off and doing other things for the last two years, some had other jobs within WDW. Now they have their jobs back and it's a job they love. And this wasn't BS, you could see it.

This isn't outside the realm of the more premium Uber/Lyft offerings.

nickys

Premium Member
Another side to it - I took a bunch of these in the last week (during soft openings) and every single driver I spoke to was thrilled that they were back. Most have been laid off and doing other things for the last two years, some had other jobs within WDW. Now they have their jobs back and it's a job they love. And this wasn't BS, you could see it.

Do you remember what kind of prices you paid for some of the trips?

RememberWhen

I looked up a trip this morning, maybe around 10:30, from Boardwalk to Wilderness Lodge. It was $35. Which is a lot. But. I have 2 car seat aged kids, and taking the bus then the boat to get from one hotel to another is cumbersome. Would I do it every day? No. Am I planning to use it to get to that ADR on our arrival day? Yep.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Funny, I thought they were all fired and only a handful were hired back.

According to the Internet.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Funny, I thought they were all fired and only a handful were hired back.

According to the Internet.
It's a small sample size, but I probably took a half dozen rides over the course of the week, and every single one was previously a Minnie Van driver. One told me that they hired back 70-80% of the furloughed Minnie Van drivers.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Do you remember what kind of prices you paid for some of the trips?

Between $25 and $40. It was always somewhere in the middle of the pricing for Lyft Lux Black and Lyft Lux Black XL (a little more than Lyft Black but less than Black XL.

I looked up a trip this morning, maybe around 10:30, from Boardwalk to Wilderness Lodge. It was $35. Which is a lot. But. I have 2 car seat aged kids, and taking the bus then the boat to get from one hotel to another is cumbersome. Would I do it every day? No. Am I planning to use it to get to that ADR on our arrival day? Yep.

Yep, we took it when we were either time crunch or wanted an escape hatch back to our hotel. And the car seat factor definitely played into it.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
This is literally 1 thing people should NEVER complain about price... its an option a luxury one as well with plenty of other options ie Uber/Lyft & yes i know they cant drop you off at the MK doorstep but you can be left right at the Light by Contemporary and walk a casual 5 minutes to the park. Or simply rent a car granted that has gotten expensive but probably still cheaper depending

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom