News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

JMcMahonEsq

What a fantastic view(NOT) from the Poly bungalows and only 600 a night

View attachment 801862

Have you ever stayed in the bungalows? Because I can tell you every time we have stayed there, and with all the people i have spoken with who stay there, no one is/was looking back at the main part of resort as their “view.” Your looking out at the lake, your watching the fireworks from the deck or the mini pool. That’s why you’re at the bungalows. The main selling point of a theme park view is unaffected by this new construction. Stylistic discussions are one thing, but ruining the view seems like just looking for problems

Club Cooloholic

And the Disney stock price slides down the hill of dissatisfaction currently 95.96. Guess (definition -foolish person) I mean Bob's business strategy is not working
It's all about the company priorities. Universal has opened up tons of new hotel resorts over the last 20 years. There is some fanfare but it's not over the top as they would ratger guests focus on the new rides they are opening. Meanwhile Disney makes a big deal out of an addition to a current property or turning an attraction into a lounge.

mysto

Stand corrected 3 + grand a night makes it even worse
That makes it better!

The guest's ability to spend more than you proves they are more successful than you. They win the big game! The view is just more evidence of how soundly they are winning, the view itself doesn't really matter that much.

However soon they can get the same view for cheaper at the polyday, that is winning even more. "she bought the holy grail, at a garage sale, she practically stole it" (Timbuk 3)

splah

for the creatives here that can produce a rendering, curious how you each would approach this project keeping the same basic shape (and it is just a basic shape that we're getting). what would you do it make it fit more with the current resort or even a modern take of the poly.

etc98

for the creatives here that can produce a rendering, curious how you each would approach this project keeping the same basic shape (and it is just a basic shape that we're getting). what would you do it make it fit more with the current resort or even a modern take of the poly.
I know this isn't the armchair imagineering forum, so I won't get too carried away, but this is my rough draft of what they could have done differently, trying to pull from some of the original Poly design, plus taking a bit from Aulani. Keeping the same shape, same number of rooms in more or less the same places, same number of floors, etc.

Side facing the lagoon:
Screenshot 2024-07-28 at 3.21.37 AM.png

Side facing the monorail:
Screenshot 2024-07-28 at 3.22.20 AM.png

Bocabear

That would look much better...Or even copy the Polynesian Gambrel style roof used on the Bungalows....and somewhere on the structure echo the Grand Ceremonial House high peaked framework... Any attempt to match the existing resort would have been better....

Jambo Dad

Arched roofs would cost considerable more --don't think that would fly with the bean counters
Well that’s the crux of the problem isn’t it. This is a major new structure connected to their most beloved hotel, but they don’t care to spend for differentiating details like they did at AKL and Aulani.its just a revenue box for them with no larger strategic importance.

Haymarket2008

I know this isn't the armchair imagineering forum, so I won't get too carried away, but this is my rough draft of what they could have done differently, trying to pull from some of the original Poly design, plus taking a bit from Aulani. Keeping the same shape, same number of rooms in more or less the same places, same number of floors, etc.

Side facing the lagoon:
View attachment 804630

Side facing the monorail:
View attachment 804631

Excellent and carries the design language over! Someone put you in charge of architecture!

Beacon Joe

We went on property to have a meal at the Polynesian last week, and then took the monorail over to the Grand Floridian for some shopping and walked around a bit.

😵‍💫 😬 🥺 😖

I feel bad for whoever is employed by the Disney Weddings department. That hulking eyesore has got to be hurting sales for the pavilion. And it ruins the atmosphere along the Polynesian's beach as well as the views from a good chunk of the Grand Floridian.

Going to be fun seeing the impact that the Polyday Inn has on the lines and seating at Captain Cook's and the Dole Whip lanai, at least based on what we saw during a non-peak meal time mid-afternoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom