News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Jambo Dad

I have a galley kitchen at home. Common for old homes in my area so I'm used to them. I haven’t been in Riviera's personally, but if it's like CCV I'd be fine.

The colors on the outside are fine to me. Hate the lack of greenery though. Still unsure about using my own points to stay.

The exterior of the new PVB Tower looks good to me. Fits the theme. Hoping the rooms are as awesome as Josh D'Amaro claimed. I'm sure the mock ups have changed since though. Quite pleased with refurb at PVB as it is (outside of bedding) so I'm hopeful.

I was talking to my guide yesterday and hopefully I'll just be adding on there. I get some people don't like change. Some actually enjoyed the luau, but I also think hating on Disney is a sport for some. They'll never do right to all.
Love your comments as well as others the last few post pages. My thoughts:

I agree that the last couple DVC resorts were imperfect. Riviera actually has very good flourishes and touches and when we toured for possible DVC purchase I was very impressed but 1) the lobby is undersized and 2) the grounds as you move towards the fringes on either side near Carribbean are nonexistent. With regard to the lobby - the Grand Destino lobby is far more impressive and it’s a moderate. The grounds issue is odd - Riviera still looks plopped in at one end of Caribbean Beach. Facing the resort from the water - look at the area to the right - there is a small spit of beach and then Caribbean buildings start. The left at least has a buffer from the skyliner. There is also a notable lack of trees or grounds at the fringes to create a transition to Caribbean. The view out to the water is also compromised because it looks out at the Caribbean.

Optimistic they will do better with the Poly tower.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Photos from today.

IMG_4338.jpeg

IMG_4320.jpeg

IMG_4316.jpeg
IMG_4325.jpeg

jmuboy

No DVC towers to date are in proportion to the resorts they use as hosts. The Contemporary DVC tower should be 3-4 stories shorter than what was built but $ drives these decisions. Also the Eisner era Michael Graves convention center out front has not aged well in my opinion.
Agreed the convention center at the contemporary hotel MUST go

Screams 90s and “dead” space

Bocabear

If they had at least copied the roof lines from the other existing buildings or from Aulani it might have felt like it fit in better...It is almost as if they are just trying to get as far away from the resort theme as they can...Generic "modern" instead of richly detailed Polynesian Exotic. It is the theme details that allow them to charge the inflated rates they routinely charge...Why don't they understand this basic fact. If we wanted just a modern simple hotel we would stay at any number of less expensive hotels in the area and not opt for the premium Disney resort.

GCTales

I want to know how much it will be. Will it be close to the cost of the grand Floridian, or closer to the cost of the new Disneyland villas?
No one outside Disney knows.. we won't know until they announce it and probably won't know if it is a new property or rolled into the existing villas assoc until then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom