News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Centauri Space Station

I think a lot of you guys have some mega nostalgia-tinted glasses on for the existing Polynesian buildings. The place is rough. It looks like if you could distill the smell of menthol cigarettes into a physical place. The grounds are beautiful but the guest rooms and the lobby are held together with duct tape and pixie dust. They had a good run but 50 years have taken their toll.
I mean they updated most of that and it looks pretty nice IMO

jimbojones

It is not "among" the longhouses. From 8 of the 11 buildings, plus half of the remaining 3 buildings, plus the Great Ceremonial House, plus both pools, you won't even see it. You can go for a whole trip at the Poly without knowing that the new tower even exists. It will be no more intrusive on the existing resort than Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is intrusive on Tomorrowland.
I hope you are correct. But as an example the tower at the Coronado harmed the feel of that resort for me and from the pictures I have seen I am not optimistic .

UNCgolf

I hope you are correct. But as an example the tower at the Coronado harmed the feel of that resort for me and from the pictures I have seen I am not optimistic .

It's definitely not as big as the Gran Destino tower at the Coronado. Gran Destino is like 15 floors (I'm not sure of the exact number). This looks like it'll be maybe half as tall.

I still think it's a big mistake, but I've never really been interested in staying at the Polynesian anyways.

CntrlFlPete

Tiki man just posted new video from the monorail on FB.. and there has been a ladder sighting.

I hadn't seen this one before -- old school wood, but looks like a pallet more than a ladder -- not sure what it is -- but the view struck me (as its days appear to be numbered).

woodladder.jpg

JoeCamel

mysto

I hadn't seen this one before -- old school wood, but looks like a pallet more than a ladder -- not sure what it is -- but the view struck me (as its days appear to be numbered).

Looks like that wedding pavillion is going to have to come down, it's blocking the view of the castle from the lower floors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom