News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

DisneyDreamer08

I stayed on the Poly DVC side from Nov 13-19. We had two afternoons at the Oasis pool, and walked around the resort a few times throughout the week - We didn't hear a thing! The only reason we knew there was construction was because we had read about it online prior to our stay - lots of articles, and keeping up with this thread for weeks lol - and we saw the giant piles of dirt from the monorail. 🤪

So glad we got in before the noise starts!
This is good to hear. We are staying at the Poly for the first time in March. We rented DVC- studio lake view. I know a lot can change between now and then but we’re hoping the construction doesn’t effect things too much.

pdude81

This is good to hear. We are staying at the Poly for the first time in March. We rented DVC- studio lake view. I know a lot can change between now and then but we’re hoping the construction doesn’t effect things too much.
Lake view is as far away from the construction as you can be. However you do get the joy of the late night ferry horns to make up for it :). All in all I really like the Moorea building and laundry is in there if that matters to you.

dreday3

Lake view is as far away from the construction as you can be. However you do get the joy of the late night ferry horns to make up for it :). All in all I really like the Moorea building and laundry is in there if that matters to you.

I loooove hearing the boat horns from our room at the various resorts. It's one of the things we really missed when staying at Gran Destino.

Can't wait to be back at Beach Club next year and hear the Friendship boats!

DisneyDreamer08

Yes, I’ve heard about the ferry horns. My 7 year old is not the best sleeper so hopefully we can request a box fan to block out some of the noise 😂

correcaminos

We'll be there in March too! Totally opposite end of the resort so you'll be removed no matter what.

I used to live in the city and found a good white noise machine or fan helps. Compared to NYC 46th st, these horns are nothing! Just a helpful hint. Also double check the sliding door is tight. You can hear them softly in Pago Pago too if you like the sound.

This is one of the best noise machines I've tried. And I have tried a bunch
Amazon product ASIN B074FFW5W4

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

correcaminos

I have a guy in a MINI Cooper group who was bummed when he found out AM radios were not available on the cars now. I've seen some regular radios without AM bands. But I have 2 record players in my house, a laser disc player, and 8 track player (of course cassette and CDs too). So I like old stuff :p

For those who don't go to the DVC page this was brought up as an FYI which (as I posted there) matches with what the CMs were told in March when we talked about it - they were told an expansion of the old. Obviously stuff can change.
At today's DVC Condo Association meeting, they showed a photo of the new Poly tower with the words on the slide reading "Polynesian Villas & Bungelows." You can't draw any major conclusions from that, but I think it is the first time we have seen the name of the existing PVB association used in conjunction with the artwork for the new tower - so DVC may be signaling that these additions will be a part of the existing Poly association.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Photos from today -

AF10A9E1-F936-4491-A583-757E6523B8B1.jpeg
6752A6BF-8CC1-4302-B075-61B8C2930CDC.jpeg
D288F14D-4A6A-4779-B635-80EFDD30BBD7.jpeg
CEEB3190-A52E-4EAC-8F5A-C45005CAC78D.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom