News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

correcaminos

Is that permanent?

Edit: see it’s just the construction fence. But this is too bad. We loved walking back and forth between the resorts. So relaxing. Sad that’s going away for (at least) two years for this needless monstrosity
It will come back. They have to change the walkway. Hopefully it won't be closed the whole time of constructiontoo. .

kevlightyear

The Luau Cove building and associated pathways have been removed from the maps.

Polynesian 188.png

Here's the previous version for posterity:

Polynesian 187.png

ToTBellHop

The Luau Cove building and associated pathways have been removed from the maps.

View attachment 668841

Here's the previous version for posterity:

View attachment 668842
They’ve added some paths, too. Looks like the walkway to the Grand closes soon.

So, no gym access at a deluxe resort? It was bad enough that they didn’t have their own gym.

I wouldn’t stay here until this is done.

correcaminos

They’ve added some paths, too. Looks like the walkway to the Grand closes soon.

So, no gym access at a deluxe resort? It was bad enough that they didn’t have their own gym.

I wouldn’t stay here until this is done.
Added a couple tiny ones only. GF would be way worse without a path to TTC than no path to GF from Polynesian IMO

Checking this out now

ETA that's a crappy path. Would rather take the monorail. GF is definitely off my list until this is done.

Last edited:

correcaminos

That's an understatement.

Glad we did GF while the path was open. We found out the hard way that the monorail to TTC is unreliable at best. Made Epcot trips looong when we used it. But walking to and from the TTC especially if on the villa or rooms close to there made it faster. I beat groups by 10-15 minutes coming back from Epcot without trying.

At least our March trip will be in Moorea and we can take the monorail to GF if we want to go there. Next summer trip will be at WL. Just have to plan next spring and summer well or hope the path has reopened by early-mid 2024

UNCgolf

Hopefully they’ll make some effort to rework the pathway and re-open it sooner than the tower itself, though I suppose the location of the new pool may complicate that.

Are they still going to have a pathway along the water? The concept art of the DVC makes it look like the whole waterfront area is going to be part of the DVC with activities etc. -- they may not want random guests walking through.

James Alucobond

Are they still going to have a pathway along the water? The concept art of the DVC makes it look like the whole waterfront area is going to be part of the DVC with activities etc. -- they may not want random guests walking through.
I assumed this was this intended path around:
polynesiandvc_path.png

It didn't look to me like they intended to block it off, especially considering the pathway connects to Tuvalu, Fiji, Tonga, and Aotearoa, not just the path toward the Great Ceremonial House.

UNCgolf

I assumed this was this intended path around:
View attachment 668922
It didn't look to me like they intended to block it off, especially considering the pathway connects to Tuvalu, Fiji, Tonga, and Aotearoa, not just the path toward the Great Ceremonial House.

Oh okay; didn't know they'd already released plans with it there.

I was wondering if they were going to route people around the front of the building to keep that area free of non-resort guests.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
From Tikiman. This is the view you get from the theme park view rooms that they are still selling to guests at full price. Simply despicable.

View attachment 672437

But if you can see even a tiny piece of MK, it's not a misleading description. Construction equipment? The consumers should be lucky they aren't charged an additional amount for the privilege of seeing that.

Club Cooloholic

It's a bit depressing to see what the Poly has been transformed into over the years. It was pretty awful when they put in the over the water bungalows (water you can't swim in and that may contain an alligator or brain eating amoeba on any given day). Those bungalows took away the views and ambience for the rest of the resort guests, rendering most of the waterfront ugly and unusable. Now they are plopping a big tower where one of the few interesting if not always best dinner options was, and tearing up another serene area of the resort. All this has been done with maximizing profits at the expense of the customer experience.
How does the song go? "they paved paradise and put up a DVC tower"

wishiwere@wdw

Walked back last night knowing full well it would suck but was hoping it would be less sucky than the insane ferry line. Nope. It was honestly shocking they even bother keeping it open. The signage was unclear and crossing Floridian Way was downright dangerous as cars whizzed by at what seemed like 50 in the 25 zone. Anyway, just letting folks know the alternate route as posted above was open but I’m not sure I’d recommend it; especially at night!

Attachments

• 5C414CC0-FCC7-4CC8-B9CA-60DCB7D43B09.jpeg
    5C414CC0-FCC7-4CC8-B9CA-60DCB7D43B09.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 284A58E7-AF7C-470C-A415-54E0A9AC5357.jpeg
    284A58E7-AF7C-470C-A415-54E0A9AC5357.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 105

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom