News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

Anteater

I have always wondered why they haven't used the Tangaroa terrace area to expand dining options, personally I would have put trader Joe's into that space. Its close to the parking lot and would maybe make the GCH less chaotic.

Was thinking this the other day, would be a great spot. Poly is also sorely lacking in a signature dining experience.
I hear they're saving Tangaroa Terrace for another DVC tower. The new name for the area is Waikiki...

pdude81

I have always wondered why they haven't used the Tangaroa terrace area to expand dining options, personally I would have put trader Joe's into that space. Its close to the parking lot and would maybe make the GCH less chaotic.
Right? I'm always asking for a Trader Joes to be built near my house, but there's not enough population density in the county.

mysto

There we go…transplant the tree outside of Tron…see the other thread…it will help quiet people down…I’m actually VERY surprised Chappie would actually spend the $$$ to transplant it.
The article doesn't mention where the tree is going, and I'm curious.

I agree I'm surprised they'd spend on it. I'll bet they priced it's value and decided to keep it in the 'bank' somewhere, as old trees like that are very valuable. Also their effect on the environment is priceless, someone on staff may realize...

JohnD

Tom Bricker says it's a banyan tree. I believe him. It doesn't look like an oak tree anyway.

One exception to that is the iconic banyan tree that was the focal point for wedding ceremonies and the backdrop for countless Christmas cards. While all of this has been controversial with longtime fans, there was a vocal contingent that was particularly upset about the loss of this banyan tree.

Based on what we could see of the site, it appears that Disney intends upon saving the banyan tree.

It’ll almost certainly need to be relocated, hopefully to somewhere else on Walt Disney World property where it’ll continue to serve as a memorable backdrop for guest photos. Banyan trees are awesome. Much better than tower hotels being shoehorned into small parcels of land where they’re incongruous with their surroundings.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

Tom Bricker says it's a banyan tree. I believe him. It doesn't look like an oak tree anyway.

Yes, the original story said oak…I changed my comment

EPCOT-O.G.

Yikes ,that also kills the ability to walk from the TTC to MK.
Is that permanent?

Edit: see it’s just the construction fence. But this is too bad. We loved walking back and forth between the resorts. So relaxing. Sad that’s going away for (at least) two years for this needless monstrosity

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom