News New Polynesian Resort DVC villas building to open 2024

ChrisFL

Premium Member
No matter how you slice it, it's still sad that Disney bulldozes another live entertainment venue.......but, more and more will travel down the road to Universal !
"
Universal Orlando Resort embraces the ‘aloha’ spirit with the much-anticipated return of Loews Royal Pacific Resort’s Wantilan Luau. The festive, family-friendly luau and dinner show returns on Saturdays at 6:00 pm.

The hotel’s captivating evening event unfolds at an outdoor covered pavilion, with the roar of the drums and traditional chants before performers make a dramatic entrance and take the stage. Guests will then take a memorable journey through Polynesian culture featuring the elegance and enchantment of Hawaii, the ancient and vibrating pounding of the Nafa drums of Tonga, the mesmerizing hip shaking dance of Tahiti and the exhilarating and flaming art of the warrior fire dance from Samoa.

“We are delighted to offer this incredible event again to our resort guests, as well as Central Florida residents,” says Managing Director Larry Beiderman. “Every luau is a party and we are thrilled to have many guests come to celebrate birthdays, graduations, anniversaries and other special moments with us.”

When was this posted because it sounds like some subtle digs at Disney no longer offering theirs (which is great)

SplashJacket

D6E1DC8F-A58C-493A-9FA4-EAAA630D60D0.jpeg

D2742BBC-59EA-4DBC-83D1-3E75162C6D7C.jpeg
AE9B39A1-C1D2-4DA9-80FA-35224ECD89B1.jpeg
77B64E5C-2051-4AC2-99EB-00CA663B6AEB.jpeg
DDB67085-0834-497F-A62A-7FF5636F8334.jpeg

SpaceMountain77

I haven't heard anything like that - really hope not too. A nice QS would be all I really ask for though.

There has been much speculation and over interpretation of the concept art. Based on what is visible with significant zooming, it seems there might be a first floor restaurant, located on the eastern side of the building, based on the windows, blinds, and tables.

Or so people think . . . . .

correcaminos

There has been much speculation and over interpretation of the concept art. Based on what is visible with significant zooming, it seems there might be a first floor restaurant, located on the eastern side of the building, based on the windows, blinds, and tables.

Or so people think . . . . .
Yes, saw that. Also saw some speculation on top floors what is going on. Would be nice if QS had indoor/outdoor on 1st floor and a sit down wherever they want (likely high up for views). We shall see :ĺ

TrojanUSC

It will definitely need another restaurant... Captain Cook's is pretty small...It needs another real restaurant too...Like what they dd with Sanaa at the Animal Kingdom Lodge... or a separate DVC casual table service restaurant open for breakfast and late hours...The restaurants in the GCH are just way too crowded.

Kona for dinner is almost always pretty empty. Mostly because it's not very good.

ryguy

I have always wondered why they haven't used the Tangaroa terrace area to expand dining options, personally I would have put trader Sams not Joe's into that space. Its close to the parking lot and would maybe make the GCH less chaotic.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

I have always wondered why they haven't used the Tangaroa terrace area to expand dining options, personally I would have put trader Joe's into that space. Its close to the parking lot and would maybe make the GCH less chaotic.
Was thinking this the other day, would be a great spot. Poly is also sorely lacking in a signature dining experience.

Club Cooloholic

Was thinking this the other day, would be a great spot. Poly is also sorely lacking in a signature dining experience.
I'm confused isn't that in Disneyland?
I don't understand why they haven't taken the old Lilo and Strich/Neverland kids club and put something there. Or ...what would be really nice is bring back that kids club.
It's amazing to me that WDW shut all theirs down. They could make money in so many ways opening them back up and maybe themeing them really well.like the ones on their cruise ships. Kids would beg to go to those for a night, leaving parents more time to buy overpriced Pain Killers at the bar.

correcaminos

I don't understand why they haven't taken the old Lilo and Strich/Neverland kids club and put something there. Or ...what would be really nice is bring back that kids club.
It's amazing to me that WDW shut all theirs down. They could make money in so many ways opening them back up and maybe themeing them really well.like the ones on their cruise ships. Kids would beg to go to those for a night, leaving parents more time to buy overpriced Pain Killers at the bar.
The kids club was there. They also did have dining in the building at one point. Now it's for staff. Would be great if more dining and kids clubs existed.

ryguy

In same the building as the neverland club housed an arcade (Moana Mickey's Fun Hut), guest laundry area, a quick service restaurant (snack Isle), and tangaroa terrace. I remember having breakfast at TT. Can't remember if it served any other meals. I enjoyed snack Isle as well.

Club Cooloholic

In same the building as the neverland club housed an arcade (Moana Mickey's Fun Hut), guest laundry area, a quick service restaurant (snack Isle), and tangaroa terrace. I remember having breakfast at TT. Can't remember if it served any other meals. I enjoyed snack Isle as well.
Yeah they aren't doing anything with that area really now, and good point about it being close to parking. Heck folks could walk over easily from the Transportation Cencter lots

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom