New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

bhg469

True. How about The Edison at DS?, do you know? I hear that it becomes somewhat of a nightclub later in the evenings.
They used to do arial acts and stuff but that was put on hold during covid. They still have live music. It's just a really chill bar lounge restaurant now. Having said that, one of their bartenders is ranked in the top hundred in the country and was about to compete for a higher rank.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
They used to do arial acts and stuff but that was put on hold during covid. They still have live music. It's just a really chill bar lounge restaurant now. Having said that, one of their bartenders is ranked in the top hundred in the country and was about to compete for a higher rank.
Good info, thanks! :)

I've only been there once (a while ago), and only during Happy Hour. I might check it out again one evening, on a future visit.

TrojanUSC

It is a shame I think had they kept just one of the Pleasure Island nightclubs open (Mannequins perhaps), it would have continued to do pretty well. ADH is so generic and relatively inaccessible that it keeps people away.

Hatboxer

Does anyone know anything about the room refurb schedule? Or lobby for that matter? Considering booking a March 23 stay but would rather not stay in the throes of ongoing refurb. Have scrolled through a ton of threads and haven’t found that info!

TDLFan

As far as the room/lobby refurb goes, I've heard keeps getting pushed back. I was told it was supposed to start this fall, then winter, then early 23. I think March is very likely to be in the midst, or at least the start of the project as those rooms are on life support.

Hatboxer

As far as the room/lobby refurb goes, I've heard keeps getting pushed back. I was told it was supposed to start this fall, then winter, then early 23. I think March is very likely to be in the midst, or at least the start of the project as those rooms are on life support.
Thanks for the scoop!

DCBaker

Premium Member
“Soon, crews will start working on a new coffee shop in the BoardWalk lobby, replacing Dundy’s Sundries, which will permanently close its doors on October 3. Guests will still be able to find a full selection of merchandise at the nearby Screen Door General Store.”

ToTBellHop

“Soon, crews will start working on a new coffee shop in the BoardWalk lobby, replacing Dundy’s Sundries, which will permanently close its doors on October 3. Guests will still be able to find a full selection of merchandise at the nearby Screen Door General Store.”

A better use of the space but it does stink that there are no shops left that don’t require going outside.

I hope this location has a mug refill station and some snacks.

RememberWhen

A better use of the space but it does stink that there are no shops left that don’t require going outside.

I hope this location has a mug refill station and some snacks.
It’s a really small space. Even if they gut it, it’s going to be grab and go style. But I’d LOVE a place to refill my mug in the lobby instead of the bakery/deli. I guess people can drink their coffee in the lobby or out on the porch.

When we were there in July/August the little store had weird hours. Just the evenings, I think. So not terribly surprised they’re doing this.

ToTBellHop

It’s a really small space. Even if they gut it, it’s going to be grab and go style. But I’d LOVE a place to refill my mug in the lobby instead of the bakery/deli. I guess people can drink their coffee in the lobby or out on the porch.

When we were there in July/August the little store had weird hours. Just the evenings, I think. So not terribly surprised they’re doing this.
It was closed long after the pandemic closure, as well.

MickeyLuv'r

Transportation makes it difficult to be much more than a set of amenities for the EPCOT resorts (and Swan and Dolphin) anyways. It's difficult to get to/from there otherwise without using Uber/Lyft.

We like to leave EPCOT at night and go over -- either for a meal at Flying Fish or a pizza from the window, and then maybe stop in at Jellyrolls -- but then it's Uber/Lyft to get back to wherever else we are staying.
It isn't hard to get there from HS or the WS. We often go there from HS and then back again. It isn't at all like trying to go to say, AKL or AoA.

MickeyLuv'r

I’m genuinely interested to know if anyone has eaten at the deli and if so, how was it?
Yes. I thought it was pretty good. I should maybe add, my expectations were relative to other WDW carry out options at 9:45pm. My expectations were not that the offerings would compare to a NJ deli. WDW pizza has never remotely compared to NJ/NY or New England pizza.

The bakery offerings exceeded my expectations. I didn't see anything that appealed to me at the Confectionary, which used to be amazing. We came directly from MK to the deli. When we arrived, the desserts looked even better in person than they did via mobile ordering! They were the most appealing WDW desserts we saw anywhere I think. The only better dessert that come to mind was one they had the Epcot flower festival.

It was 9:50pm when we arrived, so they were trying to close. Nevertheless, people kept streaming in and they waited on everyone who arrived by 10:02pm, or thereabouts. (A few people entered after 10:00pm, and they were served.)

The potato chips have mild vinegar flavor. They were pretty decent. They were a bit like the ones some of the hotels used to make. I expected store packaged chips, but they were not commercial potato chips.

The coleslaw was also pretty good as I recall. I'm a bit picky about coleslaw. I despise pickles in coleslaw, or coleslaw that is too sweet or very wet. (though I do like curtido/vinegar slaw.) I eat fair amount of coleslaw, so I'm happy to find a WDW version I enjoy.

We added two desserts to our order when we arrived, and ended up eating 2 of them for breakfast. One was cream puff, and the other was a cannoli. They were tasty.

I think the only downside was if you order via MO, you get what you get. You can't ask for any modifications, like no mayo. Ordering in person is better if you prefer any customization, like subbing a different cheese/bread, or no dressing.

UNCgolf

It isn't hard to get there from HS or the WS. We often go there from HS and then back again. It isn't at all like trying to go to say, AKL or AoA.

That's what I said -- we often leave the World Showcase and go there. It's also not that hard to get there from DHS, but the problem is getting back to your resort from there.

You can't use Disney transportation unless you want to go to Disney Springs first to change buses, at least if you're there at night after the parks are closed.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom