News Complimentary Annual Passholder magnets coming to Disney Springs at Walt Disney World

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's what the new magnet will look like -

IMG_C0C1E7BE1026-1.jpeg

Gillyanne

What about AP's that are not local? We'll be back in August, sure these will be out of stock by then

The give away period says 02 - 30 March, while supplies last, and you can join the VQ when you're Aprox within 45 miles of DS, so yeah I'd say Aug is out.

Edit to correct date, 30th not end of month 31st*

Last edited:

Gillyanne

I screenshot what MDE says for anyone interested (sorry it's so long, I just noticed an "auto scroll" feature on my Screenshot, so I tested it out vs. multiple snips)

Edit: yeah that didn't work well b/c it won't zoom in, let me try it again

2nd Edit to add updated screenshots

Attachments

• 274158627_370457051251444_5238648938377764953_n.png
    274158627_370457051251444_5238648938377764953_n.png
    212.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 274110783_3210803245912530_2177473561623536998_n.png
    274110783_3210803245912530_2177473561623536998_n.png
    216.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 274065520_682655839582048_3829454049807146133_n.png
    274065520_682655839582048_3829454049807146133_n.png
    208.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 274136816_319084483571671_1614692823048095825_n.png
    274136816_319084483571671_1614692823048095825_n.png
    174.6 KB · Views: 129

casplas

as dvc members we were annual passholders evey year because we had enough points to go three times a year. with what bob the beancounter is doing to disney, we have seriously discussed going to dvc to stay and getting a universal annual pass instead since we now have to drive after the elimination of the magical express. plus, we will go off sight to eat better food for less money. and in a one bedroom dvc, we can go shopping and cook in when we want to. so bob the beancounter, how does that work out under your profits at all costs formula? you got us hooked with dvc, but we will only use it anymore to have a nice florida vacation and go to the other places in florida that actually seem to appreciate and value their customers instead of nickle and dimeing them to death!

vikescaper

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Spike the Bee sipper cup that is being sold at the Flower and Garden Festival? Flower and Garden and the magnet distribution both start on March 2.

Lil Copter Cap

I think moving the magnet distribution outside of the parks ensures that every local AP can more easily attain the item. Forcing individuals to book a park reservation (which isn't guaranteed, as we know) to gain a magnet will drive up demand and artificially inflate park attendance for those that are just going to grab the magnet and leave.

This may be the new distribution method since park reservations, especially in a busy month like March, may be sparse.

This was just a thought I had as news mentions Disney Springs. Odd that Annual Passholders must attain the magnet outside of a park for which they pay to access. This also feels like further catering to local APs, as opposed to out-of-state APs.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Why can't you request these and have them mailed to you? Disney can validate your ticket number. And in most cases they have your address handy in MDE. And if they want to charge a realistic S&H fee - Some of us may be okay with that (depending on the cost).

Logon, request, validate, mail. One magnet per AP per year.

Trauma

as dvc members we were annual passholders evey year because we had enough points to go three times a year. with what bob the beancounter is doing to disney, we have seriously discussed going to dvc to stay and getting a universal annual pass instead since we now have to drive after the elimination of the magical express. plus, we will go off sight to eat better food for less money. and in a one bedroom dvc, we can go shopping and cook in when we want to. so bob the beancounter, how does that work out under your profits at all costs formula? you got us hooked with dvc, but we will only use it anymore to have a nice florida vacation and go to the other places in florida that actually seem to appreciate and value their customers instead of nickle and dimeing them to death!
As a DVC member I have thought of doing this myself. Two things have deterred me.

First having to drive from my resort to Universal and deal with parking etc is not appealing.

Secondly I need express pass so It seems to make more financial sense for me to just stay at a Universal deluxe resort.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
other places in florida that actually seem to appreciate and value their customers instead of nickle and dimeing them to death!

Disney is no doubt the "undisputed champion" at this - but all others including Uni will nickel and dime you. They're just not as "out in the open" about it. Disney seems to relish in the fact that they are 1) upfront about it 2) to the lengths and extremes they will do it.

My biggest complaint about Disney is the micro-managing of all things Disney while I'm there.

casplas

As a DVC member I have thought of doing this myself. Two things have deterred me.

First having to drive from my resort to Universal and deal with parking etc is not appealing.

Secondly I need express pass so It seems to make more financial sense for me to just stay at a Universal deluxe resort.
fortunately for those like us stuck with the dvc and now dealing with bob the beancounter, we have a strong dvc resale market to rely on. right now, according to the present market, i can sell my points at cc and saratoga for more than i paid for them. i guess you could call that the silver lining? dealing with bob the bean counter is way more stressful than all the rest you mention. no more tables in wonderland, no more magical express. now having to drive, our eyes are opened to all that is available outside of bob the beancounters "magical experience". we just now have to find ways to justify the cost of a florida vacation that we bought into at dvc with the present diminished magic. funny how they never mentioned that at the sales meeting? eh?

casplas

Why can't you request these and have them mailed to you? Disney can validate your ticket number. And in most cases they have your address handy in MDE. And if they want to charge a realistic S&H fee - Some of us may be okay with that (depending on the cost).

Logon, request, validate, mail. One magnet per AP per year.
not all of us have our heads stuck in a "smart phone" to experience the mde. i have a flip phone and so far dvc has not told me what will happen now that bob the beancounter cheapact has eliminated the blue cards. and just give it time before bob the bean counter charges you to use the mde. i.e. charge for lightning lane and genie plus and eliminate fast passes. genie plus for who? plus for disney profits, to hell with the customer that has already paid handsomely for access to the parks? and i do not mind waiting in line. have done so for first flight and peter pan. basically about 45 minutes. 45 minutes of standing in line and not spending money inside any disney park. which of course was the original idea behind a fastpass. a "guest" standing in line is not spending money in the park. but good ole bob "cheapact" the beancounter is too busy counting beans to understand such trivial matters, of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom