DHS Tower of Terror closing for rehab/ electrical work

SingleRider

They’ve already been working on it…we are already 2 weeks in.
61262152-F2A0-4B5C-A5D1-89DE831E5962.png

It’s obvious that one side is closed currently.

Rodj

Will this finally be "the" refurbishment to finally fix the majority of issues with the ride? I know that when @Rod Serling was active on here(an actual CM on the ride), they mentioned that both sides have to be closed if they want to work on the audio system since it controls both sides.

Lilofan

Original Poster
Any word on how long the present work will last? I presume awhile or they would have avoided this weekend. I feel like it was around 6 months last time.
The ERMCO permit to do electrical work at Tower of Terror expiration date of commencement is 1/18/2023.

Lilofan

Original Poster
Any word on how long the present work will last? I presume awhile or they would have avoided this weekend. I feel like it was around 6 months last time.
Years ago when Great Movie Ride was closed for rehab for 6 months at DHS, we rode it after the rehab. The only different thing I noticed was there was brand new carpeting in the pre show area. I could not tell what was changed or improved inside the attraction itself.

dovetail65

Years ago when Great Movie Ride was closed for rehab for 6 months at DHS, we rode it after the rehab. The only different thing I noticed was there was brand new carpeting in the pre show area. I could not tell what was changed or improved inside the attraction itself.
Many of the fixes have nothing to do with updating anything other than control systems, etc. Why they do things like this? Again, who knows why Disney does certain things the way they do.

Closing down the roller coaster at AK, taking one coaster away completely and having no NEMO or night show*(doesn't even mater if the shows are good) are the a direct cause of long lines at AK for some guests. Yet for this inconvenience of months of long lines the guests are not rewarded for their patience at all with Disney not even attempting to repair something like the YETI(unless that has changed)? That is weird to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom