News Disney to develop residential communities with new 'Storyliving by Disney' business

ppete1975

Yes. I love the breeze block!
1655756402878.png

Palm Springs residents here. These houses look like all the other million dollar homes in the canyons. Seeing how this community is being built in Rancho Mirage, it fits in perfectly. I drive past their site every time I go grocery shopping. My husband’s work is kitty corner from the site.
As for the comment about it being close to the Salton Sea, they are an hours worth of drive time apart. Please stop lumping the entire Coachella Valley into one city. This is major for Rancho Mirage. A side note:I’ve seen Walt’s original home in Smoke Tree which is in Palm Springs, these house’s don’t look anything like his house.

Anteater

Palm Springs residents here. These houses look like all the other million dollar homes in the canyons. Seeing how this community is being built in Rancho Mirage, it fits in perfectly. I drive past their site every time I go grocery shopping. My husband’s work is kitty corner from the site.
As for the comment about it being close to the Salton Sea, they are an hours worth of drive time apart. Please stop lumping the entire Coachella Valley into one city. This is major for Rancho Mirage. A side note:I’ve seen Walt’s original home in Smoke Tree which is in Palm Springs, these house’s don’t look anything like his house.
Seems naive to think these homes don't impact water usage in the area. Not just the houses but the supporting infrastructure, stores and etc. Maybe some of the small farmers in the area could help us with their perspective. Maybe I'm wrong; but, the water rights fights are ongoing in this area from what I read in the news.

JoeCamel

Seems naive to think these homes don't impact water usage in the area. Not just the houses but the supporting infrastructure, stores and etc. Maybe some of the small farmers in the area could help us with their perspective. Maybe I'm wrong; but, the water rights fights are ongoing in this area from what I read in the news.
Not just this area, california and the entire west were built on a wetter climate model but they are using the water faster than it is replenished with global warming making it drier by the year. Millions will pay much more for basic water service if they can get it.
I don't understand getting cheap land out in the desert then wonder how you will bathe for less than a Jackson. It will lead to another great migration.

Sir_Cliff

Disney has released a new ad today for Storyliving by Disney -

Honestly, looking at that pitch I could see how the notion of living in some kind of Disney resort community could be appealing to retirees, which seems to be the market. Palm Springs already appeals to that demographic, so I guess I can see how the whole Disney aura could lead to people paying a premium.

Poseidon Quest

I think we're going to look back at the Chapek era as this strange, misguided anomaly. Slapping their name onto retiree communities and sports betting? I like the idea of Disney expanding out beyond just media and theme parks, but more in the spirit of Pleasure Island or Mickey's Kitchen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom