Minnie Mouse ditches dress for pantsuits - DLP

Lilofan

Original Poster
During Womens History Month beginning March 6th, Minnie will be wearing an ultrachic pantsuit at the Paris WD Studios theme park. I will be curious to see how that looks on Minnie.

ImperfectPixie

Yeah I don't love it in the drawing. Hopefully it translates better IRL?
I honestly think they shouldn't have gone with dark blue with black polka dots...not much day-wear has that kind of pattern on it. I realize that she's a cartoon character...but when even a cartoon - like the drawing - brings pajamas to mind almost immediately, it's not a good sign.

danv3

I can’t get too worked up about what Minnie wears, but it is a bit odd to see this design choice (for a cartoon mouse) positioned as though it’s some significant milestone in equality.

She hopes the new look will make Minnie "a symbol of progress and empowerment for a new generation."

Trauma

I can’t get too worked up about what Minnie wears, but it is a bit odd to see this design choice (for a cartoon mouse) positioned as though it’s some significant milestone in equality.

It’s a bit odd that they decided to dress Minnie in pajamas.

correcaminos

I honestly think they shouldn't have gone with dark blue with black polka dots...not much day-wear has that kind of pattern on it. I realize that she's a cartoon character...but when even a cartoon - like the drawing - brings pajamas to mind almost immediately, it's not a good sign.
You hit on what I dislike - the colors together. The style really does look like PJs vs a pantsuit too

correcaminos

It's such an odd color choice...like something my younger son would pick for one of his video game characters. The black dots almost look like splotches.
I still live by the old idea that black and navy blue never do.... like a bruise. A brighter blue would be better maybe? I try to teach my kid, but he's forever doing colors like that together 🤣

I was reading that some are irate about Minnie not in a dress and for me, it's not that. I suppose I didn't even notice that aspect. Just that this is frumpy looking

JoeCamel

There's a common theme going around here... Genie+ is blue...new roadway signs are blue...Minnie's new outfit is blue...

Blue man group coming to WDW next??
Blue people started showing up at the starcruiser so yeah??
Got blue people in two AK rides....

ImperfectPixie

I still live by the old idea that black and navy blue never do.... like a bruise. A brighter blue would be better maybe? I try to teach my kid, but he's forever doing colors like that together 🤣

I was reading that some are irate about Minnie not in a dress and for me, it's not that. I suppose I didn't even notice that aspect. Just that this is frumpy looking
YES. I would have preferred solid red jacket and pants, with a white shell top, white shoes, and red and white polka dot bow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom