Swan and Dolphin Pool Expansion

JMcMahonEsq

I'll take the hot take bait. I actually prefer SwDo slightly over Stormalong Bay. I'd give it the number 1 slot.
I personally actually don’t think this a hot take at all. We did Swan this summer and loved the pool. We for the first time did a full resort pool day at the cabanas there and it was amazing. Objectively I think I might give yacht the edge bc I see it appealing to younger kids more than swan, and that is more the overall Disney target market.

Epcot82Guy

I personally actually don’t think this a hot take at all. We did Swan this summer and loved the pool. We for the first time did a full resort pool day at the cabanas there and it was amazing. Objectively I think I might give yacht the edge bc I see it appealing to younger kids more than swan, and that is more the overall Disney target market.

That's very fair. And I'm usually a solo or adult group traveler. I totally agree the child factor gives Stormalong a definite edge. I actually prefer DAK's pools to Stormalong (it being my third) for that same reason.

I still yearn for the days when they really did focus on multiple demographics and audiences. But I know that ship has sailed with current management.

JMcMahonEsq

That's very fair. And I'm usually a solo or adult group traveler. I totally agree the child factor gives Stormalong a definite edge. I actually prefer DAK's pools to Stormalong (it being my third) for that same reason.

I still yearn for the days when they really did focus on multiple demographics and audiences. But I know that ship has sailed with current management.
With the variety of resorts available, I think Disney does a decent job with having something available for every demographic, but maybe not every resort targeting every demographic. I was giving a lecture down in Orlando this winter and stayed over at Bonnet Creek for the first time. As an adult group or solo, i highly recommend that area. But I don’t think I would look their when we go back down with kids for example

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A
What pool on property would you put above the Yacht club pool right now? What is it lacking that you think needs to be added? It’s a hotel pool not a water park.
It’s fine…it’s just been in its current form for along time

Disney’s pool game has sadly declined just as the rooms have…the Bobs

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

I found Storm along to be kinda stressful as a parent. Far too many blind spots, and it's kinda goofy you have to "leave" to take the slide. I prefer Kidani's pool area.

Last edited:

surfsupdon

It’s fine…it’s just been in its current form for along time

Disney’s pool fans has sadly declined just as the rooms have…the Bobs
The pool has gotten worse over the years.
The bubbling jets have been turned off. The sinking sands are greatly reduced. And the whirlpool area is hit or miss (sometimes on, sometimes not).

It is still a great pool complex, but not as grand as the past, and I am glad Swan Dolphin are upping their game!

Club Cooloholic

The bubbling jets have been turned off. The sinking sands are greatly reduced. And the whirlpool area is hit or miss (sometimes on, sometimes not).

It is still a great pool complex, but not as grand as the past, and I am glad Swan Dolphin are upping their game!
Anyone have a video or pic of the sinking sands and bubble jets?

surfsupdon

Anyone have a video or pic of the sinking sands and bubble jets?
The bubbling jets were in the cove area at the base of the little mountain, nearest the slide. I remember them well as a kid, but the only pictures I have seen were from early Disney official brochures. The sinking sands you couldn't really see....but by the volleyball court area, there were several "holes" that were filled with sand, and if you stepped in a hole, your foot sunk to about lower calf. It was a neat effect. There might still be a few left, but many were filled in with the addition of the volley/play area in the central pool location.

flynnibus

Premium Member

This x1000

Between the disabled effects and the consequences/tradeoffs made when they fenced it - it comes off now as very disjointed and overly complex for what looks like no reason. It's been robbed of its soul.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The bubbling jets were in the cove area at the base of the little mountain, nearest the slide. I remember them well as a kid, but the only pictures I have seen were from early Disney official brochures. The sinking sands you couldn't really see....but by the volleyball court area, there were several "holes" that were filled with sand, and if you stepped in a hole, your foot sunk to about lower calf. It was a neat effect. There might still be a few left, but many were filled in with the addition of the volley/play area in the central pool location.
I had almost completely forgotten about those…

you gotta think those are gone…the “L” word. One thing Disney isn’t responsible for is the complete turn on recreation they are “responsible” for…that’s industry wide.

I bet there are near zero hotel operators who actually want a pool. I can’t really blame them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom