Using Gift Cards

DisneyDreamer08

I was given some Disney gift cards as Christmas gifts for my upcoming trip. My trip is paid in full, I will just need money for food and whatnot while I’m there. In the past, I would use my magic band every where in the parks, then go to the front desk and pay off the balance with my gift cards. But now with mobile order, I think your purchase goes directly to the credit card on file, correct? So what’s the best way to use the gift cards for food? I’ve read you can put the gift card number in the notes of your phone and then copy and paste when doing a mobile order. I’ve actually never even used mobile order before. Is that easy to do?
Thank you!

monorail81

I was given some Disney gift cards as Christmas gifts for my upcoming trip. My trip is paid in full, I will just need money for food and whatnot while I’m there. In the past, I would use my magic band every where in the parks, then go to the front desk and pay off the balance with my gift cards. But now with mobile order, I think your purchase goes directly to the credit card on file, correct? So what’s the best way to use the gift cards for food? I’ve read you can put the gift card number in the notes of your phone and then copy and paste when doing a mobile order. I’ve actually never even used mobile order before. Is that easy to do?
Thank you!
Yup. That’d be the easiest thing to do. Unfortunately the app doesn’t let you save a gift card for Mobile Order. You have to enter the number each time you use it. Love Mobile Order. Hate having to do that. But, it’s worth it. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

JaxFLBear

I’ve read you can put the gift card number in the notes of your phone and then copy and paste when doing a mobile order. I’ve actually never even used mobile order before. Is that easy to do?
Thank you!
You can play around with the mobile food order process now to familiarize yourself with it. You can go all the way to the payment screen and even select the gift card payment method to see how it works.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Mobile ordering food is an easy process and can save you time if done wisely. Depending on the time your trip is happening and crowd levels the time between ordering and getting your food can vary. When we went and used mobile ordering we had anywhere between 15 min to 45 min for our order to be done and ready to get our food selection. Try to get an idea of where you might want to order and what you want when you get to any park. Depending on the time you go and the. crowds, you may want to eat slightly off traditional meal times for quicker service. When they get slammed with orders it creates a backlog and takes more time to get food out. We never had a problem with food coming out hot but some people have had an issue.

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

Hey, so we're planning on doing a similar thing for our upcoming trip. One gift card for just dining, another for just souvenirs, etc.

Been to Disney so many times, but never actually used gift cards during a stay. We figured we could load the cards up there when we checked in. Is that all something that we can do?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom