Going to other hotels?

firecatgirl

Original Poster
We wanted to go to Trader Sam's on our upcoming vising February/March. Will we be able to go to the Poly do that? I hear/read conflicting answers when I look online or watch videos. TIA for any recent info/experiences.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If you use Disney transport you’ll be able to visit the Poly, no questions asked.
If you drive yourself the gate guard will ask for ID and may or may not let you in, depending on parking availability. Sometimes you need a dining ADR to be admitted.
Ride share should be able to drop you off at the Poly. If not, asked to be dropped at the TTC and walk to Poly.

firecatgirl

Original Poster
If you use Disney transport you’ll be able to visit the Poly, no questions asked.
If you drive yourself the gate guard will ask for ID and may or may not let you in, depending on parking availability. Sometimes you need a dining ADR to be admitted.
Ride share should be able to drop you off at the Poly. If not, asked to be dropped at the TTC and walk to Poly.
Great thank you :) we are staying at WL and are having lunch at the Contemporary and wanted to go to the Poly from there after lunch :)

nickys

Premium Member
Great thank you :) we are staying at WL and are having lunch at the Contemporary and wanted to go to the Poly from there after lunch :)
Just so you’re aware, the boat between the Bay Lake resorts isn’t running yet.
So to get to the Contemporary you’ll need to bus or boat to MK and then walk or take the monorail.

Daily Magic

I have a similar question. I’ll be staying at yacht club but want to go to wilderness lodge to eat at Geyser Point one night. Will I be able to get dropped off by ride share or will I need to go to MK first and then take a bus back to the lodge?

Eric Graham

We wanted to go to Trader Sam's on our upcoming vising February/March. Will we be able to go to the Poly do that? I hear/read conflicting answers when I look online or watch videos. TIA for any recent info/experiences.
There is an article on the Disney Food Blog about getting into that grotto. Just google it. They do not take reservations.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I have a similar question. I’ll be staying at yacht club but want to go to wilderness lodge to eat at Geyser Point one night. Will I be able to get dropped off by ride share or will I need to go to MK first and then take a bus back to the lodge?
Your best bet is Disney transportation. Especially since Geyser Point is a QS/bar. My last trip over the holidays I had a legitimate mobile order at BC Marketplace. Epcot was closing in 15 minutes so it wasn't like I was trying to avoid paying (AP holder so I have no problem parking at the parks) for parking or go to Epcot and I just needed food. The guard out-front wouldn't let me in. He keep telling me that all resorts are no longer allowing people in with mobile orders and that only guests staying at the resort or have a legit dining reservation are allowed on property. He wasn't very nice at all. After probably 10 minutes of going back and forth and realizing I wasn't leaving until I got my dinner he let me in. I had to explain to him that the app literally lets me place a mobile order to any QS on property while I am here and charges my card. He truly didn't care, but reluctantly let me in. I got my food and was happy.

TLDR: use Disney transportation, when using ride share and trying to get into a resort you may or may not. YMMV.

NelleBelle

FWIW, we took a ride share to the poly for breakfast ADR one morning from YC. The guard at the gate absolutely asked if we ADRs, wanting our MB to verify, etc. So I would definitely do Disney transport if you don’t have ADRs if it’s important to you to visit.

Diamond Dot

I wouldn't go to Yacht Club to do it 🤣
Seriously though and I'm not the first to say this, but, you can visit any resort establishment. To resort hop and eat at a deluxe resort restaurant or quick serves while staying at a value resort is one of the joys of a Disney trip.

Snow Queen 83

It may sound crazy, but going to the resorts is my favorite part of my last vacation. Plus they really seem to bring their A game at the Deluxe and Moderate quick services.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom