Ephemera from 1982: A Walk Down Memory Lane

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
Ran across these today, from our first WDW visit, during April 1982 when I was 6 years old. Ah, the days when parking was a dollar, Epcot Center was yet to open, Disney Springs was going by its first name of "WDW Village" - I believe it's now on its fourth moniker - and you could borrow a Polaroid camera for the day. These are just a few of the pages, for your enjoyment.

20220114_134408.jpg
20220114_134423.jpg
20220114_134501.jpg

Last edited:

Heppenheimer

Ran across these today, from our first WDW visit, during April 1982. Ah, the days when parking was a dollar, Epcot Center was yet to open, Disney Springs was going by its first name of "WDW Village" - I believe it's now on its fourth moniker - and you could borrow a Polaroid camera for the day. These are just a few of the pages, for your enjoyment.

View attachment 613930View attachment 613931View attachment 613932
We had several family pictures taken over the years on that rail car set. Not the way us kids wanted to spend 2 hours of our valuable park time, but I now appreciate the memories. Thanks, mom and dad, even though we complained like little brats at the time.

muddyrivers

This is great! I love looking at and reading this type of stuff.

Here's a WDW Village brochure I scanned in from 1986:

A Vacation Information guide from 1988:

And a Dining and Shopping Guide from 1992:

I highly recommend clicking to download the PDFs rather than view them in your browser as they will take a while to load. Also for people finding this post in the future, I plan to keep the links on my Google Drive but they may eventually be removed.

Club Cooloholic

This is great! I love looking at and reading this type of stuff.

Here's a WDW Village brochure I scanned in from 1986:

A Vacation Information guide from 1988:

And a Dining and Shopping Guide from 1992:

I highly recommend clicking to download the PDFs rather than view them in your browser as they will take a while to load. Also for people finding this post in the future, I plan to keep the links on my Google Drive but they may eventually be removed.

Dig those admission prices! If I am reading right you could get a year round pass back then for nearly the price of a one day admission today.

Heppenheimer

I distinctly remember a fairly large children's play structure in the Village, but I seem to be the only one among my family and friends with this memory. It was made mostly of wood, but had orange plastic slides and tubes coming out of it. I'm nearly positive I didn't conjure up a false memory of this thing, but nobody else can recall it and I haven't found any pictures of it.

Does anyone else out there remember what I'm referring to?

muddyrivers

I distinctly remember a fairly large children's play structure in the Village, but I seem to be the only one among my family and friends with this memory. It was made mostly of wood, but had orange plastic slides and tubes coming out of it. I'm nearly positive I didn't conjure up a false memory of this thing, but nobody else can recall it and I haven't found any pictures of it.

That was before my time but the guys over at RetroWDW did a podcast episode about the Lake Buena Vista Village and I believe they mention what you're talking about in it. Here's a link to the episode: 22 – Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village

MickeyCB

Ran across these today, from our first WDW visit, during April 1982 when I was 6 years old. Ah, the days when parking was a dollar, Epcot Center was yet to open, Disney Springs was going by its first name of "WDW Village" - I believe it's now on its fourth moniker - and you could borrow a Polaroid camera for the day. These are just a few of the pages, for your enjoyment.

View attachment 613930View attachment 613931View attachment 613932
Absolutely love love old Disney paper!
I have binders full of it I have collected over the years.
My 2 favorite pieces in my collection are a 1955 Disneyland parking ticket for 25 cents and a 1945 war bond that Disney supported.
Edit, my computer was acting up. I posted the pics in the next post by phone.

DfromATX

That was really neat! I'm always jealous of you Disney old timers - and by old timers, I'm not referring to age, but the time in which you experienced Disney World. 🙂 Our first time wasn't until we were adults and took our own kids. (I did go to Disneyland in 1984, but I barely remember it.)

The Empress Lilly

Your memory serves you well:

Screenshot_20220117-111117_Samsung Internet.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom