Current Yacht and Beach Exterior Refurb

runnsally

Original Poster
Any recent accounts of the current exterior refurbishment at Yacht and Beach? Saw a few pictures of cherry pickers and scaffolding that looked pretty intrusive. Re-thinking my resort choice for the end of this month. Thanks.

MissViv

Anxious to see the answer to this. I was under the impression that most of this had been completed. We are going to be there early Feb.

Daily Magic

I’ll be there in three weeks, I had no idea about this. Was already annoyed there was no room/package offer for non AP holders during that time. If there is also a refurb that’s going to really bug me.

Nothing was going on when we were there over New Year's. Anyone know when they last updated the Beach Club rooms? The carpets were pretty beat up we stayed there.

runnsally

Original Poster
Yacht Club is in the midst of an exterior refurbishment through the Spring. I imagine the intrusiveness of this refurb will vary depending on what part of the resort is being updated at a given time. During Marathon Weekend there were cherry pickers and scaffolding along the Yacht Club side of Stormalong Bay.

LAPULAPU4U

Yikes! Heading there on the 22nd. Anyone have any current photos of where the construction is currently? Please and thanks in advance!

plutofan15

We just got back last night from a four night stay at the Yacht Club. The exterior refurb is on rather small section nearer to the Beach Club, close to Beaches and Cream. Did not see any work being sone over the weekend and the only noise we heard was on Monday morning well past 9 am and that was because we were walking right past the work area. Did not hear a sound from our room during our whole stay. Very non-intrusive, I would not worry about it. If you zoom in, you can barely see the scaffolding on the right side of the photo. I do not believe that these rooms were being used. This was taken the afternoon of 1/15.

1642633616958.png

runnsally

Original Poster
We just got back last night from a four night stay at the Yacht Club. The exterior refurb is on rather small section nearer to the Beach Club, close to Beaches and Cream. Did not see any work being sone over the weekend and the only noise we heard was on Monday morning well past 9 am and that was because we were walking right past the work area. Did not hear a sound from our room during our whole stay. Very non-intrusive, I would not worry about it. If you zoom in, you can barely see the scaffolding on the right side of the photo. I do not believe that these rooms were being used. This was taken the afternoon of 1/15.

View attachment 615102
Super helpful. Thanks!

LAM378

The area with rooms overlooking the YC quiet pool and tennis courts were being worked on in November when I was there. Not the most beautiful thing to look at, but there was never any real noise from it. It wasn’t intrusive at all.

Greenlawler

We were there a couple of weeks ago and stayed directly next to the refurb area overlooking the Yacht Club end of the pool. We had a corner room. One of our windows looked out over scaffolding, but it was not where our balcony was so, so we did not mind. The refurb did not bother us at all. We did have to walk around a roped off area a couple of times.

runnsally

Original Poster
Just back…
The exterior work on the SAB side is pretty extensive but not particularly obtrusive. The lobby work however is both - they appear to be re-doing the floor and large segments of the lobby are sectioned off and it smells like varnish.

MissViv

Seems like a lot of work going on, what a pain! We will be there this Sunday and we could change to Wilderness Lodge.

We booked here for the proximity to Epcot so hate to change.

runnsally

Original Poster
Seems like a lot of work going on, what a pain! We will be there this Sunday and we could change to Wilderness Lodge.

We booked here for the proximity to Epcot so hate to change.
The lobby work was pretty extensive but looked like it would be done quickly so may have wrapped up already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom