Spaceship Earth Starring Goofy

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Okay, hear me out.

The current version of Spaceship Earth sucks and has been with us for longer than the far superior previous Jeremy Irons version. It is allegedly getting a makeover at some point, but let's face it - we all know they're going to botch it. So why not just embrace the fact that Epcot is now IPcot and get real weird with it?

Disney decision-makers, I present to you this idea, feel free to steal it!

Basically it will be like those classic Goofy cartoons where a narrator instructs Goofy to demonstrate something and Goofy screws it up every time. The onboard audio will be the narrator, telling us the history of technological advancements and human achievements while occasionally giving Goofy instructions or condescending criticism. The ride scenes will remain more or less the same, but every animatronic will be replaced either by Goofy dressed as a person from that time period or another anthropomorphic dog person accompanying Goofy. Some effects would need to be added to animate Goofy's antics.

First scene: Goofy attempts to capture the wooly mammoth but it kicks him off screen
Second scene: Goofy draws a mammoth on the cave wall which becomes animated and kicks him again somehow
Third scene: Goofy invents paper by pounding reeds flat but accidentally hammers his thumb and screams
Fourth scene: Goofy tries to trade by boat but his boat is sinking
Fifth scene: Goofy is attempting to teach math but is confused and keeps asking the narrator for his lines
Sixth scene: Goofy crashes his chariot in Rome into a torch which sets Rome on fire

...and so on. You get the idea.

At the end you get to create a custom Goofy cartoon in which you can see all the ways Goofy can screw up in the future.

This would 100% be better than the current version. Nothing matters anymore. Epcot is dead. Let's just do this instead.

Centauri Space Station

Okay, hear me out.

The current version of Spaceship Earth sucks and has been with us for longer than the far superior previous Jeremy Irons version. It is allegedly getting a makeover at some point, but let's face it - we all know they're going to botch it. So why not just embrace the fact that Epcot is now IPcot and get real weird with it?

Basically it will be like those classic Goofy cartoons where a narrator instructs Goofy to demonstrate something and Goofy screws it up every time. The onboard audio will be the narrator, telling us the history of technological advancements and human achievements while occasionally giving Goofy instructions or condescending criticism. The ride scenes will remain more or less the same, but every animatronic will be replaced either by Goofy dressed as a person from that time period or another anthropomorphic dog person accompanying Goofy. Some effects would need to be added to animate Goofy's antics.

First scene: Goofy attempts to capture the wooly mammoth but it kicks him off screen
Second scene: Goofy draws a mammoth on the cave wall which becomes animated and kicks him again somehow
Third scene: Goofy invents paper by pounding reeds flat but accidentally hammers his thumb and screams
Fifth scene: Goofy is attempting to teach math but is confused and keeps asking the narrator for his lines
Sixth scene: Goofy crashes his chariot in Rome into a torch which sets Rome on fire

At the end you get to create a custom Goofy cartoon in which you can see all the ways Goofy can screw up in the future.

This would 100% be better than the current version. Nothing matters anymore. Epcot is dead. Let's just do this instead.
No other than the descent I prefer the current version and the last thing it needs is ip

Diamond Dot

To be honest, I was out on my morning constitutional yeaterday and thinking about my upcoming trip and it occured to me EPCOT is not longer what Walt intended. A lot of the scientific and interesting stuff has been erased and been replaced by the same old stuff that is in other parks. It's more like Dumbing DownCOT.

The Empress Lilly

Sure, why not. Might as well get Epcot over and done with.

My idea for a SSE makeover, inspired by my selfie with Walt moment at Dreamers Point:

Serve me a $19,50 cocktail before boarding, then with every $9,99 swipe of my magic band at the on-ride vehicle scan point a Disney or Marvel character pops up on screen to burp in my face.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Okay, hear me out.

Do you need a hug?

JIMINYCR

It would be fun to see . I loved those Goofy shorts!!! It would take a lot to get used to after years of having a purely educational ride through. Ep needs a boost of some kind since it’s going nowhere. Might as well set up the day in the park with a Goofy good time!!

NickMaio

Okay, hear me out.

I actually spit my coffee out reading this.....thanks for the laugh. I needed it.
Also your vision is amazing. I would love to ride SE with Goofy leading the show.
Why not throw Bob in there at the end.......

Pepper's Ghost

I like this idea!

Just throwing this out there... what about Spaceship Death Star? It already looks sorta like the DS, and you can IP the heck out of it with SW characters. When you get to the dome, they show Lando in the Millennium Falcon shooting the main reactor... yada, yada, yada. I mean, since Future World no longer makes sense anyway...
1OYp.gif

Cmdr_Crimson

I like this idea!

Just throwing this out there... what about Spaceship Death Star? It already looks sorta like the DS, and you can IP the heck out of it with SW characters. When you get to the dome, they show Lando in the Millennium Falcon shooting the main reactor... yada, yada, yada. I mean, since Future World no longer makes sense anyway...
View attachment 613659
Uh, did he get the memo...?
memo-boss.gif

Inspired Figment

I love me both some Figment & Goofy.. but yeah.. we can really do without an over saturation of more film/show IP, Particularly when it comes at the expense of or the integrity of said attraction / concept.

Pepper's Ghost

Uh, did he get the memo...?
memo-boss.gif

Sorry to go off topic, but this is frickin' awesome! I wonder how they projected on to a reflective surface like aluminum. And that green lazer... wonder how they pulled that off too. How did they make it so visible through air. I don't see any smoke or anything. I'll bet most people hated it, but I think it looks cool.

Cmdr_Crimson

Sorry to go off topic, but this is frickin' awesome! I wonder how they projected on to a reflective surface like aluminum. And that green lazer... wonder how they pulled that off too. How did they make it so visible through air. I don't see any smoke or anything. I'll bet most people hated it, but I think it looks cool.
That's okay..There was also this as well to promote Monsters University and the 24 Hour day event..

This is the next step I'm hoping they will utilize with SSE it would work well doing what Tree of Life does during the evenings including the Beacon of lights package they incorporate.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Premium Member
If the often said rumors are true and there are in fact Disney plants around these boards and they read this Tom foolery and get any ideas…I swear I am goma……

Pepper's Ghost

If the often said rumors are true and there are in fact Disney plants around these boards and they read this Tom foolery and get any ideas…I swear I am goma……
Okay, bad dad joke... so planters around the parks aren't enough? Now they hafta install plants on these boards too?

I highly, highly, highly doubt there are Disney personnel hanging on these boards at Disney direction. There maybe be cast members or other personnel on these boards of their own volition, but not on behalf of Disney. TWDC doesn't care what over-the-top fans think about their parks. They prefer to manipulate the masses. If they paid attention to these boards, the parks would be frickin awesome to visit, and there profit margin would be much smaller. Not to mention a fifth gate already. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom