News Disney hikes the price of Mickey Bars and Dole Whip along with hundreds of other food and beverage items at Walt Disney World

Lilofan

Yes. I enjoyed both parks and loved the coasters they have.

I don't think Fun Spot is the place to be but it's worth checking out. All I was saying is there is so much to do outside Universal and Disney. Even I-Drive has lots to do. I'm amazed that so many never leave the bubble.
One can check out the world's largest McDonalds - Epic McD, on the corner of Sand Lake/I - Drive. It is a three story eatery, entertainment complex.

Jrb1979

One can check out the world's largest McDonalds - Epic McD, on the corner of Sand Lake/I - Drive. It is a three story eatery, entertainment complex.
Maybe it's me but when I go vacation somewhere I do like to explore the city. I hate feeling stuck in a bubble.

Lilofan

Maybe it's me but when I go vacation somewhere I do like to explore the city. I hate feeling stuck in a bubble.
One aspect of exploring the tourist corridor of International Drive where many South Americans, Brits etc stay in hotels that are lower priced than at WDW, one can shop at the many shops selling many items including Disney merchandise at a lower price.

Diamond Dot

I once accidentally ended up at Central Orlando bus station having not got off at Sea World to change for the Florida Mall. I then had to catch another bus to get to the Florida Mall, I believe it was the Number 7 Lynx. Let me tell you, I saw parts of Orlando Buddy Dyer doesn't want the tourists to see.

Lilofan

I once accidentally ended up at Central Orlando bus station having not got off at Sea World to change for the Florida Mall. I then had to catch another bus to get to the Florida Mall, I believe it was the Number 7 Lynx. Let me tell you, I saw parts of Orlando Buddy Dyer doesn't want the tourists to see.
But what airport has a promotion such as when you clear the TSA checkpoint at Orlando MCO, then take the monorail to your gate and hear on the tram loudspeaker " This is Mayor Buddy Dyer and we hope you have enjoyed your Orlando experience".

Dutch Inn '76

There's a firestorm of complaining on here right now. Frankly, it's ridiculous.

I regularly pay $12-13 for a meal at my local Chickfila. That was before the inflation that's here because of Covid and the recent government largess. Spend your day out and about. Pay for a hotel room somewhere. Buy dinner out for your family at a random nice restaurant. ...then tell me that the price increases at WDW are something odd.

wutisgood

There you go, you've quantified a vacation experience that some decide to pay for: security, consistency, and exclusion. Paying for the venue to actively screen for the pickpockets that plague Paris, Rome, Amsterdam, and Barcelona? Excluding the grifters? Unknown hawkers? (Yeah Disney has souvenirs sellers and a lot of the stuff comes from China, but they don't chase you down) Overt prostitution/human trafficking? Monkey on a stick? Spiked drinks ? Ethanol replaced with methanol?
My point earlier in the thread was that a lot of boomers and older people are more willing to pay for that security and easy packages and do not price out other vacations because they uncomfortable with anything that don't know as a guarantee or see as a risk. Younger people who get a lot of info from social media and are more used to direct planning are more open to alternatives. Also my friend with a great job who can work easy overtime is more likely to just pay me to figure it out, but given the insane college debt and unavoidable housing I think Disney is at big risk from a large portion of younger customers that have no choice but to budget or they aren't going at all.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

Yes. I am. I have said several times why as well. I am aware that you feel that we should all back off and stop going in order to show Disney a thing or two (or something) but I am going for a very specific reason. If it were not for that specific reason then I would not be going this time. Trust me, it bothers me to even be going again.
I'm in this same position. If not for the fact the older two are going on a band trip, we wouldn't be taking the youngest. As it is, we'll be staying only one day past the band's visit so we can hit up Epcot (the kids really love the park) and then heading to UO for the first time ever. I'm WAY more excited about that part of the trip....

Diamond Dot

There's a firestorm of complaining on here right now. Frankly, it's ridiculous.

I regularly pay $12-13 for a meal at my local Chickfila. That was before the inflation that's here because of Covid and the recent government largess. Spend your day out and about. Pay for a hotel room somewhere. Buy dinner out for your family at a random nice restaurant. ...then tell me that the price increases at WDW are something odd.
I'm currently at a local cafe and paid £2.20(almost $3) for a pot of tea. A panini is over $12, but delicious mind you. Starbucks is way more than Disney and so is Costa Coffee.
To be honest, I never eat out or do take out, so I'm going to stuff myself silly and stuff the cost for the two weeks I'm at Disney

Tuvalu

Premium Member
This should encourage people to bring their own refillable bottles in and if you have a refillable mug what is to stop you filling the mug at a resort and decanting it into a bottle before going into the park.
What will stop you is the beverage machines won’t work. There is a chip embedded into a Disney Resort mug that activates the dispenser. Without using an active mug all that is available to dispense is water.

Diamond Dot

What will stop you is the beverage machines won’t work. There is a chip embedded into a Disney Resort mug that activates the dispenser. Without using an active mug all that is available to dispense is water.
If you had read it properly you would see that I suggested filling the mug and decanting, or in other words, putting the drink from the mug into the bottle, I've done it, by the time you've done it you can refill the mug to take with you.

Jrb1979

My point earlier in the thread was that a lot of boomers and older people are more willing to pay for that security and easy packages and do not price out other vacations because they uncomfortable with anything that don't know as a guarantee or see as a risk. Younger people who get a lot of info from social media and are more used to direct planning are more open to alternatives. Also my friend with a great job who can work easy overtime is more likely to just pay me to figure it out, but given the insane college debt and unavoidable housing I think Disney is at big risk from a large portion of younger customers that have no choice but to budget or they aren't going at all.
I can agree to that. About 7 years ago I really got into traveling and did many solo trips to many places. I have been to Vegas multiple times alone and also to different amusement parks on road trips to different cities. I did a lot of exploring on those trips. When I told my parents I was doing these trips they said they would never do anything like that. They go to vacation places they know and don't venture much outside those places.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom