News Walt Disney World introduces new Disney Weekday Magic Ticket

There might be a point @marni1971 has given up on WDW. Never saw that coming. When the hardcores are turning on your product there is a problem. I have said many times there is so many wonderful parks out there. Not just in the US. Europe has amazing parks.
I’ve been going since 1993, as a kid. We went once a year, most years. I continued to go as an adult. Now we take our kids often, it was within vacation budgets and it was EASY once you got there. Luggage was handled, transportation to and within the property was handled, all your dining was reserved in advance, FP+ was done. We bought into DVC because Id been going for 27 years, my wife enjoyed going, and the kids loved it, why would we all of a sudden stop? It all quickly changed. We can afford it still, but more than ever, I’m eying up Universal because the advantages of Disney have dried up, and other locations because it probably wouldn’t be more expensive, regardless of spending more on airfare to get there.

We haven’t taken a trip elsewhere yet that would have went to WDW, but we have spent less. We never used to do grocery deliveries to the resort, but we do now. We used to do parties, but don’t now.

We already have 2022 planned with what’s left of a gold AP, but after that expires, we will take a hard look at renewing like we havent before.

Im sure we aren’t alone.

Last edited:

PuertoRekinSam

So they are again desperate to bring back the locals because of a perceived attendance slow down to prop everything back up?

After the ---- they gave to locals and DVC with the horrendous new APs and Park Pass and hopping limitations...

At what point do people become wise to this and say no more?
Maybe I am wrong… but haven’t they always released a florida deal ticket this week?
It’s been a few years since I last went down to run a marathon (blew out my knee in 2018… now it sounds like bubble wrap). But I feel like there was always some sort of “new resident offer”
I did a quick Google check:
Jan 4th 2021
Jan 2nd 2020
Jan 3rd 2019
Jan 4th 2018
Jan 4th 2017
Jan 8th 2016

so except that these are way more restrictive, it seems like the normal course of business, not “unforeseen desperation for locals”

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Seriously - nothing will change until we ALL stop spending money at what was once WDW. The only way to "vote" on all of this, is with our wallets.

Attachments

• IMustBreakYou.gif
    IMustBreakYou.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 58

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
No AP renewal for me. I have only one potential trip planned right now, well after my AP expires, and hopefully that will involve visiting the parks for a few days with some friends. After that, I don't know when I'll be back. 40+ years of visiting the parks and not even that much nostalgia can pull me back right now. Congrats, Bob's and Josh, you've done it.

JeffBostock

Maybe I am wrong… but haven’t they always released a florida deal ticket this week?
It’s been a few years since I last went down to run a marathon (blew out my knee in 2018… now it sounds like bubble wrap). But I feel like there was always some sort of “new resident offer”
I did a quick Google check:
Jan 4th 2021
Jan 2nd 2020
Jan 3rd 2019
Jan 4th 2018
Jan 4th 2017
Jan 8th 2016

so except that these are way more restrictive, it seems like the normal course of business, not “unforeseen desperation for locals”
Yes, this time every year for a while now they offer a 3 and 4 day FL resident ticket deal. The only difference is this year weekends are excluded. I was waiting on this to be announced as I've been thinking about going around spring break. I can deal with not going on a weekend. Without the discount, I'd skip going this year as the price of regular tickets isn't worth it to me. I'm disappointed with the lack of new rides and updates for the 50th compared to what DL had for their 60th. WDW should have had a new parade. The new firework shows do not celebrate the actual anniversary, which I think was a stupid decision, thanks to Chapek.

pixargal

No AP renewal for me. I have only one potential trip planned right now, well after my AP expires, and hopefully that will involve visiting the parks for a few days with some friends. After that, I don't know when I'll be back. 40+ years of visiting the parks and not even that much nostalgia can pull me back right now. Congrats, Bob's and Josh, you've done it.
We feel exactly the same way. We have been AP holders for years, but no longer feel the value is there. I have one more trip planned so that I can run in the Springtime race at Animal Kingdom. After that, who knows? I am just so disappointed in what is happening (or lack of happenings) it’s hard to get excited about planning a trip.

chama1

Due to the changes Disney has initiated, this time I renewed my AP for "weekday" only. The crowds are less this time of year up until May. But I did notice the prices for food, etc has really gone up. So not I'll just bring my water, treats with me and eat my main meal in one of the resorts that have not changed the menu's or prices as much. When I want a "Dole Whip" I found out that Twisty Treats Ice Cream stand on SR 535 near the Winn Dixie has them for much less...I like Disney but I will do it on a tight budget....

TikibirdLand

Due to the changes Disney has initiated, this time I renewed my AP for "weekday" only. The crowds are less this time of year up until May. But I did notice the prices for food, etc has really gone up. So not I'll just bring my water, treats with me and eat my main meal in one of the resorts that have not changed the menu's or prices as much. When I want a "Dole Whip" I found out that Twisty Treats Ice Cream stand on SR 535 near the Winn Dixie has them for much less...I like Disney but I will do it on a tight budget....
We love 'ya, chma1... Is there a treatment for that like methadone treatments for heroin?

JohnD

except that these are way more restrictive
Bingo. In prior years, those were the "Discover Disney" tickets with no blockouts over weekends but the usual Easter break blocked out. Now, even the weekends are blocked out with this latest Florida Resident ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom