Waterstar Orlando Project

castlecake2.0

I wish it was sarcasm. I assure you… it is not.
What’s the reason that the bulbs on GFlo are all different intensities? I feel the problem isn’t all just burnt out bulbs, but also that the majority of ones that are still functioning are not a standard brightness, adding to the disaster.

Another item of note, riviera has given up on its rooftop “rope lighting” and finally just turned off the remaining segments that were still functioning.

dovetail65

Can they not do this? I like feeling like I'm in a "different world" when I'm on property and seeing real world property is disillusioning.
I have a home right near there. This complex is behind Texas Roadhouse and no way you would realize that there was stuff behind there. It won't hurt being in the Disney bubble at all in that location

trainplane3

They were LED. But it’s irrelevant now, they don’t work anymore
Wait, it's main sign facing Epcot is dead already?
I wish it was sarcasm. I assure you… it is not.
I was wondering if it was me but on this previous trip Grand Flo was looking kind of dark at night.
Narcoossee's was quite obviously missing lights:
MjcEIot.jpg

3DHYxKk.jpg

At least Contemporary got a full replacement of its lights with the refurb:
EcnneW6.jpg

It was looking quite nice at night.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Disney purchases this land. Land next to it: "Wow, surprised Disney didn't purchase this land to prevent others from building so close." Disney purchases that land. Land next to it: "Wow, surprised Disney didn't purchase this land to prevent others from building so close." And on it goes. . .
Agreed. It's Disney's own fault for violating their own buffer zone with AK and AKL so close to the perimeter.

sinead

AKL and Kidani have been hurt financially by how far away they are from the rest of property, aside from DAK. Having suburban sprawl next door won’t help that.

We've all seen the Walt Disney clip introducing "The Florida Project" that became WDW, right?
Well, his thing was "In Florida, we'll have the blessing of land." It was something he always regretted about building DL in Anaheim without buying enough land around it to act as a buffer (the suburban sprawl mentioned above) ...

We are now so far from that immersive experience....& people still clamor for yet another mall & more restaurants.
Sorry. I just don't get it.🤷‍♀️

JoeCamel

We've all seen the Walt Disney clip introducing "The Florida Project" that became WDW, right?
Well, his thing was "In Florida, we'll have the blessing of land." It was something he always regretted about building DL in Anaheim without buying enough land around it to act as a buffer (the suburban sprawl mentioned above) ...

We are now so far from that immersive experience....& people still clamor for yet another mall & more restaurants.
Sorry. I just don't get it.🤷‍♀️
That blessings of land thing didn't imagine the amount of swamp and wetlands that were unbuildable due to environmental or engineering constraints. For solid ground large enough to build parks and resorts they had to make choices that are proving to be less than ideal.
The canal system probably could not be built today

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

That blessings of land thing didn't imagine the amount of swamp and wetlands that were unbuildable due to environmental or engineering constraints. For solid ground large enough to build parks and resorts they had to make choices that are proving to be less than ideal.
The worst encroachment on WDW is still light years better than the non existant buffer around DL.

I can still spend a week at WDW without ever noticing the outside world beyond the top of a couple hotel towers way off in the distance.

lazyboy97o

They knew the state of the land and development was supposed to be designed around concentrated pockets.

sinead

I wasn't referring to WDW ability to expand. I was speaking to the unbearable ugly sprawl surrounding it & being built right up to its borders. THAT is what Walt Disney saw in Anaheim & had hoped to avoid in FLA.

JoeCamel

I wasn't referring to WDW ability to expand. I was speaking to the unbearable ugly sprawl surrounding it & being built right up to its borders. THAT is what Walt Disney saw in Anaheim & had hoped to avoid in FLA.
But then they went and built up to the WDW borders. No point in bemoaning things being built next door when you don't own the land. County approved it

JoeCamel

Well, that is WHY I bemoan it.

Disney has had decades to purchase more land around it to create a bigger buffer!

At least they bought this:
A lot of their recent land purchases have been to offset conservation land they want to develop

castlecake2.0

But then they went and built up to the WDW borders. No point in bemoaning things being built next door when you don't own the land. County approved it
As I said in another thread, until I can see an IHOP from the monorail beam, we are doing pretty well still lol
A lot of their recent land purchases have been to offset conservation land they want to develop
Correct, they sold off some property to be developed into the final village in Celebration and bought more land behind celebration to make up for it. The land purchases around Reedy Lake are more to protect the buffer around the MK area however.

There’s a plot of land between Bay Lake and Reams road that has gone up for sale, curious to see if they try to get that. Not sure what it’s zoned for but I’m sure they’d want to protect that buffer as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom