Peter Pan's Flight vs Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Better ride?

• Total voters

Sbk1234

They're both so different, it's difficult to compare. By nature of it being a thrill ride (albeit a fairly tame one) Mine Train automatically eliminates many people from being able to ride, while Peter Pan's Flight is doable by most everyone, as long as they can physically get in the seats.

Personally, I probably get more out of the Mine Train, since it is longer and has a dark ride component, which is my favorite part. If PPF was longer, and gave me "more bang for my buck," I would like it more.

TotallyBiased

Mine Ride edged out since I love coasters. But Pan is a ride I love, and the queue is a nice plus now too. The only issue I have with Pan (aside from the insane wait time) is it's feeling dated, though I love how the effects were done. I'm not sure how I'd improve it without losing any of that vintage character and charm.

RoadiJeff

I don't understand the attraction for Peter Pan's Flight. It's a slow, boring, short ride but people are willing to stand in line for over an hour to do this. The current standby wait is 70 minutes. When I visited WDW in October I hadn't ridden PPF in many years. I decided to try it again because I figured with the long line Disney must have made some improvements to attract a crowd like that. After another slow, boring short ride I was reminded of why I pass it by each time I visit the MK.

Goofyernmost

What are the reasons?

and which do you prefer overall?
What are the reasons?
7 Dwarfs
Is a rollercoaster with combination dark ride sections.
The story line is Snow White.
It speeds up in outside portions and slows down while going through the dark ride sections
It is a stop and load setup.
It is a Disney Classic theme. The only thing it has in common.

Peter Pan's Flight
For one thing it attempts to simulate flight by having the track over the top of the suspended ride vehicle.
It is a basic, historic dark ride that runs slowly over and around story sets of Peter Pan.
It is a continuous moving ride, no stopping to load.
It is a longer ride.
It is a Disney Classic theme.

Which do you prefer overall?

For the reasons listed above I enjoy both of them equally. I have ridden 7 Dwarfs more recently then Peter Pan mostly because of long line setup. It seem easier to jump into a shorter line on 7D because I have never seen a short line on Pan's plus I have already ridden Peter Pan probably over 30 times. Both are well done and enjoyable. 7 Dwarfs is more technologically up to date, but that doesn't make it better or worse, just different.

Last edited:

comics101

Peter Pan's Flight has the magic factor. There's nothing quite like flying over London in a pirate ship, then passing by the moon and seeing the shadows of Peter, Wendy, John and Michael flying alongside you.

Also, 7DMT feels incomplete; it's so short. It needed at least one more show scene and coaster segment.

DfromATX

I agree that they are two different types of rides so it's like comparing apples and oranges. I like both of them, but if I had to pick it would be the mine train. It's cute and more of a "thrill" ride... sort of. Peter Pan is a kiddie ride, but it's a classic. It would have been more accurate to compare Peter Pan to Pooh and the mine train to maybe the Barnstormer.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
I agree that they are two different types of rides so it's like comparing apples and oranges. I like both of them, but if I had to pick it would be the mine train. It's cute and more of a "thrill" ride... sort of. Peter Pan is a kiddie ride, but it's a classic. It would have been more accurate to compare Peter Pan to Pooh and the mine train to maybe the Barnstormer.
But those are such boring matchups. They’re too obvious.
Mine Train vs Barnstormer? Mine Train easily, cmon……

Djsfantasi

Since 7DMT was the only ride we physically couldn’t fit into the seats, PPF wins by default. It amazes me that 7DMT is a “new” ride and the seats were too small. No judgement. Wait until you’re in your late 60s and it’s not unusual for your physical attributes to increase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom