Bob Weis steps down as WDI President

Introvert

Sad, if I had their jobs I would be all about the parks, I wouldn’t have time for my lap of luxury because I’d be to busy doing what I love. These people have no place in Disney in my book. Free time means do what you love, a true Disney executive, Chairman or CEO would spend their spare time involved with Disney as if it were their hobby. If I had the keys to the kingdom I’d live full time at Disney World, spend all my free time walking the parks, eating at the parks somewhere different every night paying full attention to detail. People pay to do that. I’d never stop, I’d always be working and improving, sleep then go back to it all over again. I’d chat with employees every chance I got, customers and make sure the Disney experience is really what the people want. If stand outside of exits and observe facial expression and listen into conversation to check for any negative feedback. What do you think built that empire in the first place?
Sad, if I had their jobs I would be all about the parks, I wouldn’t have time for my lap of luxury because I’d be to busy doing what I love. These people have no place in Disney in my book. Free time means do what you love, a true Disney executive, Chairman or CEO would spend their spare time involved with Disney as if it were their hobby. If I had the keys to the kingdom I’d live full time at Disney World, spend all my free time walking the parks, eating at the parks somewhere different every night paying full attention to detail. People pay to do that. I’d never stop, I’d always be working and improving, sleep then go back to it all over again. I’d chat with employees every chance I got, customers and make sure the Disney experience is really what the people want. If stand outside of exits and observe facial expression and listen into conversation to check for any negative feedback. What do you think built that empire in the first place?
Well, Bob Chapek lives too far from Disneyland ,except to make an occasional visit . And since he lives in California WDW will be a seldom visit. I don't even think he takes the time to read about the customers or cast members opinions about or reactions to the parks.

Missing20K

A non-creative…is what stands out. Could be good or bad. Same with the “Disney lifer” thing
B.Arch holders, at least back in studio, are generally creative people, but…
Not really anymore, more often now, and particularly at Disney and Universal, the architect is a third party hired to follow the creative intent.
This. Even outside of the themed entertainment sector (info about which I defer to @lazyboy97o), there are many instances where a client has no desire for the architect to “design”, you’re simply there to create a set of permit and/or construction drawings. If it’s design-build, (I’m very curious as to the typical project delivery system for DIS), the control the architect has over the project is mitigated even further. From the sounds of it, architects for DIS are little more than Life Safety consultants, drafters, and a way to minimize risk.
Yes if it’s a Bachelors of Architecture. She is licensed.
Not with just a Bachelor degree. Doesn't sound like she used it other than in the PR sector.
Interestingly enough, one doesn’t need a Bachelor of Architecture to be licensed and practice in many states. Some accept a Bachelor of Environmental Design and additional documented experience. Some states still allow their state licensure board to review a portfolio of previous work to determine competence. In this case, the B.Arch and licensure should be prima facie evidence of her competence as an architect (though I’d bet dollars to donuts she hasn’t stamped a set in ages).

ETA: spelling

Last edited:

SpoiledBlueMilk

I've lived long enough to see that degenerate be praised, even though he brought about the modern Disney, and its greater focus on profitability and extracting every cent from guests.

Without Eisner, there'd be no Iger or Chapek.
Without Eisner, there would be no Disney. I know the Eisner hate on this forum is real, but you at least need to agree that the chances of Disney surviving the decade would have been slim if not for the change in leadership. We'd be looking at Disney animation absorbed by another studio and the Parks under only God knows who's ownership.

SpoiledBlueMilk

Well, Bob Chapek lives too far from Disneyland ,except to make an occasional visit . And since he lives in California WDW will be a seldom visit. I don't even think he takes the time to read about the customers or cast members opinions about or reactions to the parks.
I'm no Chapek fan, but the CEO of Disney with a fleet of private aircraft at his disposal can be at WDW anytime he wishes. Plus he owns property in the Keys - more of a reason for him to stop by.

lazyboy97o

Without Eisner, there would be no Disney. I know the Eisner hate on this forum is real, but you at least need to agree that the chances of Disney surviving the decade would have been slim if not for the change in leadership. We'd be looking at Disney animation absorbed by another studio and the Parks under only God knows who's ownership.
Would we? A number of Eisner’s early success were outright or a continuation of the work of Ron Miller.

SpoiledBlueMilk

B.Arch holders, at least back in studio, are generally creative people, but…

This. Even outside of the themed entertainment sector (info about which I defer to @lazyboy97o), there are many instances where a client has no desire for the architect to “design”, you’re simply there to create a set of permit and/or construction drawings. If it’s design-build, (I’m very curious as to the typical project delivery system for DIS), the control the architect has over the project is mitigated even further. From the sounds of it, architects for DIS are little more than Life Safety consultants, drafters, and a way to minimize risk.

Interestingly enough, one doesn’t need a Bachelor of Architecture to be licensed and practice in many states. Some accept a Bachelor of Environmental Design and additional documented experience. Some states still allow their state licensure board to review a portfolio of previous work to determine competence. In this case, the B.Arch and licensure should be prima facie evidence of her competence as an architect (though I’d bet dollars to donuts she hasn’t stamped a set in ages).

ETA: spelling
Don't forget the engineers!
Would we? A number of Eisner’s early success were outright or a continuation of the work of Ron Miller.
It's the change in direction that mattered even if the first hits out of the box were from Miller. I still believe the Eisner/Wells combo was what the company needed at the time to secure its position so it could get a chance to redirect itself and stave off a hostile takeover. Post-Wells Eisner is a different story...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Eisner hate/Iger love (with parks) is not historically accurate.
I'm no Chapek fan, but the CEO of Disney with a fleet of private aircraft at his disposal can be at WDW anytime he wishes. Plus he owns property in the Keys - more of a reason for him to stop by.
I don’t see chappie giving a crap about Orlando…less so than Iger…who was Hollywood Bob
Doesn’t that happen with everyone? But I think taking credit away from the Eisner Renaissance is not accurate.

that aside…the Economy and society conditions are a big reason for success or fail. Iger barely had to look at anything money related…except for the housing crash- which I admit he handled/bamboozled brilliantly.

bcoachable

I’ve stopped watching stuff coming from Imagineering news (cause it hurts too much) - but she must have something that makes her qualified to lead what is left of the Imagineering department, right? (I’m trying so hard to be positive today!)
ETA: will she lead from Lake Nona or Glendale? (Asking for a friend)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom