Trip Report Did All My Wishes make for a Happily Ever After? *Completed*

It has taken me so long to get this TR started because our desktop computer died right after returning from this trip and it took us awhile to replace it.
I had all kinds of clever Trip Report titles in mind whilst on the actual trip, but I have since forgotten them. In my last TR, I believe I was lamenting the fact that I was unable to procure a California Grill ADR for this trip. I was also not thrilled that we were staying at OKW because of transportation issues. First world problems, amiright?! I really should keep in my that whatever PineapplePrincess wants, PineapplePrincess (almost always) gets.
A few weeks before this trip, our waitlist for BWV came through AND I was able to snag a Cali Grill ADR on our arrival night!
Here are the particulars of this trip:
Who: E, a.k.a MSUJafar & I
When: 9/28-10/3
Where: Boardwalk Villas 😍
Why: E was very adamant about wanting to be at MK on the actual anniversary and who am I to argue?
DSC05979.JPG

DSC05986.JPG

DSC05987.JPG

We arrived around 1:30 and to my delight, the room was ready and it was a good one! I had requested "close to elevator" and we were the second room in from the elevator on the lobby level.
DSC06148.JPG

Our balcony had a cute porthole feeling to it. We loved it!
DSC05984.JPG

DSC05983.JPG

DSC05985.JPG

From the outside looking up at our room:
DSC06167.JPG

We never did visit the pool on this short trip, but it would have been very convenient.
After a quick trip via Uber to Publix for snacks and drinks, it was time to get ready for some pre-dinner drinks and a farewell to HEA.

Attachments

• DSC05982.JPG
    DSC05982.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 91

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
Tuesday, 9/28 continued...
Our Cali Grill ADR was for 7:30, so we had some time to visit a couple of lounges before our dinner. Mizner's had always been one of our favorites and even though we are not happy that it closed, we felt it was time to give Enchanted Rose a chance.
We Ubered to save some time. I had a mini panic attack at the gate because we didn't have a reservation and I wasn't sure if we'd be let in, but they didn't even ask.
Minnie kindly greeted us upon our arrival.
DSC05988.JPG
DSC05989.JPG
DSC05990.JPG

We had a seat at the bar and met a really nice couple, Harry and Phil from Tennessee. I had the Island Rose which was beautiful and delicious. I believe that E had the Garden Daisy.
DSC05991.JPG
DSC05992.JPG

We stayed for one drink and then decided to head over to shop at Bay View Gifts and have another drink at Outer Rim before checking in at Cali Grill.
DSC05994.JPG
DSC05995.JPG

Waiting for the Monorail.
DSC05996.JPG

I see you, Contemporary!
DSC05998.JPG

There was one thing that I really wanted from this trip and they had it at BVG!
DSC06024.JPG

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
Still Tuesday, 9/28
After purchasing my Lounge Fly, we had a drink at Outer Rim. (No photographic evidence)
Our table at Cali Grill was not the greatest, but we were happy to be there.
DSC06000.JPG

Pepperoni Flatbread. We always enjoy this!
DSC06001.JPG

I had the California Combination Roll. E had the filet. I didn't photograph it, but he said it was the worst steak he's ever had at WDW! Now I wish I had taken a picture. It was super small and overcooked. He's still kicking himself for not complaining!
DSC06002.JPG

It was the second to last night for Happily Ever After and we were ecstatic to be able to view it one last time. Before HEA:
DSC06003.JPG
DSC06009.JPG

And after:
DSC06016.JPG

Don't be sad that it's over. Be glad that it happened. Is that how the saying goes? Well, we were very sad that it's over and we do not care for it's replacement!
I snapped a few photos on our way out to catch an Uber.
DSC06017.JPG

Steakhouse 71 was not open yet. Not sure why they needed that many Cast Members just to let people know what the sign is already telling you!
DSC06019.JPG

DSC06020.JPG
DSC06021.JPG

We enjoyed the first night in our amazing room. We were heading to MK in the morning!

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
Wednesday, 9/29 MK
We had decided to make today a Magic Kingdom day so we could get all the rides in, thinking that it may not be possible on the anniversary.
Transportation was not an issue this morning and we arrived before official park opening very happy to be there!
DSC06026.JPG
DSC06027.JPG
DSC06029.JPG

Like the gentleman that he is, E went to get me a coffee so that I could leisurely wander around and take some photos.
The sky was so pretty!
DSC06031.JPG
DSC06032.JPG
DSC06033.JPG

Roy and Minnie's new location.
DSC06034.JPG
DSC06039.JPG
DSC06040.JPG
DSC06041.JPG

Peter Pan's Flight was our first ride of the day and then we headed to Pooh. So we almost arty poohed @Tuvalu !

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
9/29 MK
I took a lot of photos on this trip because I was so happy to have my camera in working order and with plenty of memory. I'm not going to post pics of JC this time around because we didn't have a very good seat on the boat. Here are some of the queue and exit.
DSC06059.JPG
DSC06067.JPG
DSC06069.JPG
DSC06086.JPG

Even though we didn't have good seats, we had an excellent skipper whose name was Patrick.
Picking up our mobile order from Friar's Nook was next on our agenda. We shared the breakfast croissant and some tots.
Disney ducks along the way.
DSC06088.JPG

DSC06089.JPG

This is a decent breakfast sandwich. It served it's purpose which was to tide us over until our usual chicken nachos at Pecos Bill's.
Why not go for a spin after eating?! We really don't spin the teacup, we just enjoy the gentle orbit.
DSC06091.JPG

DSC06093.JPG

E purposely wore his Gilligan shirt today hoping that someone at JC would say something about a 3 hour cruise, but he was disappointed. Later, a CM at Buzz sang the theme song to us though so that was fun!
Some statues on the way to our next destination.
DSC06095.JPG
DSC06096.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom