Do they rush you for dinner ?

Zeromancer

Original Poster
Hi, we have a reservation for california grill at 21:45.
My question is do they rush your food then to close the restaurant as fast as possible or not ?

JIMINYCR

We usually dine there with late reservation and have never been rushed or pushed out. No one has ever mentioned that we should get done or make us feel rushed to finish. But we are respectful of those who are working and know they want to get out of work and get home to their families as well. We enjoy dining late at home as well and dont make the staff have to stay over their time there either. They want you to enjoy your meal, have a relaxing meal, but to be fair, be mindful of how late you are keeping them.

Zeromancer

Original Poster
We usually dine there with late reservation and have never been rushed or pushed out. No one has ever mentioned that we should get done or make us feel rushed to finish. But we are respectful of those who are working and know they want to get out of work and get home to their families as well. We enjoy dining late at home as well and dont make the staff have to stay over their time there either. They want you to enjoy your meal, have a relaxing meal, but to be fair, be mindful of how late you are keeping them.
Thank you for the responce. Yea i was just wondering since we had dinner at the yachtman steakhouse the other day at around 9 and the place was rather empty so we feeled guilty for only coming to dinner then ( place was fully booked so that was kinda strange … )

donsullivan

Premium Member
Thank you for the responce. Yea i was just wondering since we had dinner at the yachtman steakhouse the other day at around 9 and the place was rather empty so we feeled guilty for only coming to dinner then ( place was fully booked so that was kinda strange … )
There is always a delicate balance on these sort of scenarios. While a properly managed restaurant will not make you feel rushed out if you’re there well after closing, it’s also disrespectful to the cast members to make them extend their workday because a guest is hanging around at the table well after scheduled closing.

Last edited:

jaklgreen

There is always a delicate balance on these sort of scenarios. While a properly managed restaurant will not make you feel rushed out if you’re there well after closing, it’s also disrespectful to the cast members to make them extend their workday because a guest is hanging around at the table well after scheduled closing.
This is what I was going to say. You won't be rushed, but I would not linger and keep those people there longer then necessary. Being on your feet all day and exhausted, the last thing that you want is to have that 1 table refusing to leave so that you can finish your job and go home.

macefamily

All of our reservations at California Grille usually end up around 9:30 - 10:00 PM. We have never had the impression that they were moving us along. Each course was still spaced out nicely, and the service was impeccable.

danyoung56

A few years ago I had one of the longest meals ever at the CA Grill- almost 3 hours! And I never felt rushed, or bored. It was a great meal, very well paced by the waiter.

IanDLBZF

No, I've never felt rushed at California Grill. I would often times stay in the restaurant and find an empty window seat to watch the fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom