Best Friends Kennel -WDW

NaomiJoy

Original Poster
Hi everyone,
We recently became WDW Annual Pass holders AND also recently adopted a puppy.
I am wondering if anyone has any experience with or uses the Best Friends kennel at WDW.
I have read numerous reviews and they vary so greatly! (Like it’s not even reviews of the same place)
I have never kenneled any pet before….anywhere…and am super nervous.
Our dog is an almost 6 month old Labrador and very well socialized.
We live about an hour from Disney, and would love to use them for day trips.
I would love to know what people think about this place and to hear about any experiences they have had with their pets.
Thank you in advance!

vikescaper

We prefer to use our local kennel here in Pinellas County but we have used Best Friends several times, including this coming Sunday. We have never had any issues with them and they have always taken good care of our dogs. Check-in can take a while if you arrive around the time the parks are opening for the day so take that into account if you have any dining reservations of Lightning lane passes. They do offer services such doggie day camp and walks so that’s nice if you want to give your dog some extra fun.

buckeyegator

we have used them several times, no real complaints, but they ,imo, run a bit overcautious, every little thing, at least with us out of the ordinary resulted in a phone call, but erring on the side of caution is good i guess

macefamily

We use them just about every time we visit. Very satisfied with them, but the day can get a bit pricey if you add on the walks and socializing. I like that you can watch your dog via webcam.

NaomiJoy

Original Poster
I am happy to hear the positive reviews.
Do you mind me asking how “pricey” it can become?
Is the dog just left in a pen the whole day if things aren’t added?

NaomiJoy

Original Poster
we have used them several times, no real complaints, but they ,imo, run a bit overcautious, every little thing, at least with us out of the ordinary resulted in a phone call, but erring on the side of caution is good i guess
Do you mind me asking what kind of things resulted in phone calls?

Lilofan

I've toured the kennel. A few years ago there were private VIP rooms for pets equipped with pet bed, TV for them to watch, camera for families to view their pets, toys, to include private walks by staff. At night the staff would read the pet a bed time story and do belly rubs on them. I believe the rate was $80 per day.

WishStar

We used them this past August for our 10 day trip to WDW. Our dog went there each day, had a basic room, one walk a day and 3 hours of playtime with other doggies. We dropped him of in the morning and picked him up in the early evening. When he was having his playtime we were able to see him on the webcams. We watched him as we ate lunch and were glad to be able to check on him each day. The staff was very nice and caring towards the dogs. One thing to really keep in mind is how long it can take for drop off. One day it took an hour to check him in. It was an excruciatingly slow process. Like many places they were understaffed. The boarding pick up time and the start of playtime (around 10-11:00) seemed to be the most crowded. I would suggest asking them the times when it gets the most crowded so you can avoid those times for drop off and pick up. We would use them again. Good luck!

JoeCamel

We used them this past August for our 10 day trip to WDW. Our dog went there each day, had a basic room, one walk a day and 3 hours of playtime with other doggies. We dropped him of in the morning and picked him up in the early evening. When he was having his playtime we were able to see him on the webcams. We watched him as we ate lunch and were glad to be able to check on him each day. The staff was very nice and caring towards the dogs. One thing to really keep in mind is how long it can take for drop off. One day it took an hour to check him in. It was an excruciatingly slow process. Like many places they were understaffed. The boarding pick up time and the start of playtime (around 10-11:00) seemed to be the most crowded. I would suggest asking them the times when it gets the most crowded so you can avoid those times for drop off and pick up. We would use them again. Good luck!
You left out if your dog liked it.....

JIMINYCR

Its not the actual story, its the spending time and talking to them.
So selling it as reading a bedtime story at $8 /10 minutes is more appealing to dog owners than just saying youre talking to my dog. Got it. What a way to make an extra $8 charge off of gullible guests.
dont have dog tv at home?
Nope. Dogs dont watch TV. Oh they will respond to a noise or a motion that attracts them momentarily which gets their attention short term, then they will go back to sleeping in front of the set, but dogs dont sit and watch a TV program. Its again a selling point to get owners to pay out more, assigning dogs human attributes. Gullible owners who are taken advantage of who feel guilty over leaving their dogs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom